Notes are textual annotations that you can add to certain Launch resources. Notes can be attached to the following resources:
- Data elements
- Rule components
Notes can contain up to 512 Unicode characters.
Notes are comments that have no impact on the behavior of the resources they are attached to. They are not included in built libraries. You might use notes to:
- Provide background information on a resource
- Function as a to-do list for future enhancements
- Pass along resource usage advice to other users
- Give instructions to other team members
- Record historical context
- Remind yourself what a resource does, why it is built the way it is, or where it gets used
Create a note
Noteable resources display a narrow rail on the right-hand side of the screen. The rail includes an icon for notes. This icon displays the current number of notes attached to the resource.
Click the Notes icon to expand the right rail and display the notes, with the most recent notes at the top. To add a new note, enter your note text in the box at the top and click Add Note .
- Notes in Launch match the behavior of notes in DTM, in that they are immutable and cannot be edited or deleted.
- When viewing older revisions of a resource, only the notes that were created prior to that revision's created_at date are displayed.
- When you delete a resource, all notes attached to the resource are also deleted.