You can create Stream rules that pull content from Twitter.
Create Twitter rules based on hashtags, keywords, @mentions, or author.
Usernamefor your rule will return content which includes both entries.
Livefyre adheres to Twitter display guidelines, and customers are responsible for adhering to these guidelines as well. For more information, please see Twitter’s documentation on their Display Requirements .
To create Twitter Rules to pull content from Twitter feeds into your App or Folder, you can filter by:
- EnterKeywordsto be included in, or excluded from your Twitter stream. Specifying values for both theContains any of these wordsandDoes not contain any of these wordsfields will return Tweets which contain the first, and do not contain the second. Multiple values for a single field may be entered, and will return results which contain any of the values. To use the Boolean operator AND to search for Tweets with two or more words in them, use two ampersands (&&) to separate the two words.
- For example, enteringContains any of these wordskeywords Giants, Posey, andDoes not contain any of these wordskeyword Dodger, will return all Tweets which include the wordGiantsorPoseyand do not include the wordDodger. To search for Tweets that include both the wordsGiantsandPosey, enter “Giants && Posey”. This feature is supported only for theContains any of these wordsandDoes not contain any of these wordsfields in Twitter rules.
- EnterHashtagsto be included in, or excluded from your Twitter stream. Specifying values for both theContains any of these wordsandDoes not contain any of these wordsfields will return Tweets which contain hashtags in the first field, and do not contain hashtags in the second field. You can enter multiple values for a single field. The stream returns results which contain any of the values.
You may either include or exclude authors; you cannot combine these two fields into a single Twitter Rule.
- Enter@mentionsorauthorsto pull into the stream, or exclude from the stream. Use the checkboxes to define whetherRetweetsorrepliesfrom selected authors should also be included.
- Minimum number of followers.Select the minimum number of followers the user must have to pull information from their posts.
For both fields, distance will be calculated from the center of the input location.
- Enter the location (city, zipcode, address, or geocode in the common latitude/longitude format (+/- 90, +/- 180) ). Begin typing a location to display a drop down menu with suggestions. Select a location from the drop down. The map displays a pin of that location. Adjust the slider to select a radius of one mile to 25 miles for each location. If you do not choose a radius, Livefyre automatically chooses a default of eight miles.
- You can add more than one location and radius. You can delete a location by clicking the X next to the name of a location in the box.
- Combine theIs near this locationandIs not near this locationfields to pull content within locations in theIs near this locationfield, but not near the locations in theIs not near this locationfield.
- Additional Filters
- Use Additional Filters to further refine your Twitter Rule. Define whether you will:
- IncludeRepliesto the targeted Tweets (If the stream becomes high velocity, this feature will automatically be disabled.).
- Include Tweets fromVerified Twitter accounts only.
- IncludeAll Content, orVines Only, orImages Only.
- Include only Tweets which originate from accounts with the selectedMinimum number of followers(any, 100, 500, 1000, 10,000, or 100,000).
For additional Stream rule options for all Stream rules, see Stream Rule Options for All Stream Rules .