Opt-out and privacy
Opt-out / Opt-in
You can control whether tracking activity is allowed on a specific device:
- Mobile Apps -The VA library respects theAdobeMobilelibrary’s privacy and opt-out settings. To opt-out of tracking, you need to use theAdobeMobilelibrary. For more information on theAdobeMobilelibrary’s opt-out and privacy settings, see Opt-Out and Privacy Settings .
- OTT Apps (Chromecast, Roku) -The OTT SDKs provide General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)-ready APIs that allow you to setoptstatus flags for data collection and transmission, and to retrieve locally stored identities.Media heartbeat tracking calls are also disabled if the privacy status is set to opt-out.You can control whether or not Analytics data is sent on a specific device using the following settings:
After the privacy setting is changed usingsetPrivacyStatus, the change is permanent until it is changed again using this method, or the app is uninstalled and reinstalled.
- TheprivacyDefaultsetting in theADBMobile.jsonconfig file. This controls the initial setting and persists until it is changed in code.
- Opt out:
When a user opts out of tracking, all of the persisted device data and IDs will be purged until the user opts back in.
- Opt back in:
- Return the current setting:
Retrieving Stored Identifiers (OTT Apps)
This information helps you retrieve locally stored user identities from your Roku app.
The method for retrieving all identifiers gets all user identities known and persisted by the SDK. You must call this method
beforea user opts-out.
The locally stored identities are returned in a JSON string, which might contain:
- Company Context - IMS Org IDs
- User IDs
- Experience Cloud ID (MCID)
- Data Source IDs (DPID, DPUUID)
- Analytics IDs (AVID, AID, VID, and associated RSIDs)
- Audience Manager ID (UUID)
- Roku:vids = ADBMobile().getAllIdentifiers()