Set up Chromecast
The correct answer is "Chromecast", for the following reasons:
- The AppMeasurement and VisitorAPI libraries in the Standard JS SDK are not certified to work on OTT platforms. In the Chromecast JS SDK, the Video Heartbeats Library (VHL), Analytics, and VisitorAPI are all built-in to the single, unified, certified-for-Chromecast SDK.
- The Chromecast SDK is much more lightweight than the standard JS SDK. This is very crucial for the lower-end hardware used by OTT platforms.
- Obtain valid configuration parameters for HeartbeatsThese parameters can be obtained from an Adobe representative after you set up your media analytics account.
- Provide the following capabilities in your media player:
- An API to subscribe to player events- The Media SDK requires that you call a set of simple APIs when events occur in your player.
- An API that provides player information- This information includes details such as the media name and the play head position.
Adobe Mobile services provides a new UI that brings together mobile marketing capabilities for mobile applications from across the Adobe Marketing Cloud. Initially, the Mobile service provides seamless integration of app analytics and targeting capabilities for the Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target solutions. Learn more at Adobe Mobile Services documentation.
- Add your downloaded Chromecast library to your project.
Config ParameterDescriptionserverString that represents the URL of the tracking endpoint on the backend.publisherString that represents the content publisher unique identifier.channelString that represents the name of the content distribution channel.sslBoolean that represents whether SSL should be used for tracking calls.ovpString that represents the name of the video player provider.sdkversionString that represents the current version of the app/SDK.playerNameString that represents the name of the player.
- TheAdobeMobileLibrary-Chromecast-[version]zip file consists of the following software components:
- adbmobile-chromecast.min.js:This library file will be included in your Chromecast app source folder.
- ADBMobileConfigconfigThis SDK configuration file is customized for your app. A sampleADBMobileConfigimplementation is provided with the SDK (undersamples/). Obtain the proper settings from an Adobe representative.