Before you start
Before configuring a report suite and collecting Android app data, complete the following prerequisite tasks:
Analytics administrators and app developers must complete the following tasks:
To configure a report suite and collect mobile app data:
- Complete one of the sections in Log in to the Adobe Mobile Services UI .
- Create an Analytics account for each app developer.
App developers now have access to view the report suite(s) that you created.
To create a new report suite and download the SDKs, you must be an Analytics Administrator.
- Ensure that your Analytics administrator has completed the steps in the Analytics Administrators in Role-Specific Tasks .
- Verify that your Analytics administrator has completed one of the sections in Log in to the Adobe Mobile Services UI .
- After the report suite has been configured, complete steps in the Download the SDK .
For more information about roles and permissions, see Roles and Permissions .
Log in to the Adobe Mobile Services UI
Adobe Mobile services is the primary reporting interface for mobile app analytics and targeting. After you complete these steps, you can download a configuration file that is pre-configured with your data collection server, report suite, and many other settings.
You can log in to the Adobe Mobile Services UI in one of the following ways:
Sign in to the Experience Cloud with your Adobe ID. This method assumes that your company has been provisioned in the Experience Cloud, and you have linked your Analytics account. For more information, see Manage Experience Cloud users and products .
If you are unsure whether your company has been provisioned in the Experience Cloud, use your existing Adobe Analytics account.
Click Sign in with Analytics and enter your Analytics company name, your username, and your password.
Create a report suite
To create a report suite to collect app data and define an app:
- Log in to the Mobile Services UI by typing https://mobilemarketing.adobe.com/ in a browser.
- Click Create an App .If you do not see this button, click Manage Apps > Add .
- In the Report Suite drop-down, select New Report Suite .
- Enter the name of your app and select a report suite type.An example of a report suite ID is mycomobileappdev . You need to set up separate report suites and apps for the development and production versions, so you can repeat these steps when you are ready to set up the production version.
- In Report Suite ID , verify that your report suite name is displayed.
- In Copy Settings From , verify that Mobile App Template is selected.This template enables timestamps to collect offline data and activates the mobile solution variables to capture lifecycle metrics.
- Select your time zone, your currency, and click Save .
Download the SDK
To download the mobile SDK:
- log in to the Mobile Services UI by typing https://mobilemarketing.adobe.com/ in a browser.
- In the left pane, click the All Apps drop-down list and select your app. You can also select your app in the right pane.To see your app displayed on the right pane, you must first create an app. For information about creating an app, see Add a new app.
- In your app, in the left pane, click Manage App Settings .If you do not see the Manage App Settings option, ensure that you are logged into Adobe Mobile Services. To verify, click the icon in the top right side of the page and ensure that Adobe Mobile Services is displayed in the top left side.
- At the bottom of the Manage App Settings page, in the App SDK Downloads section, download the SDK and the sample app for your platform.
A config file for your app is automatically included in the SDK download, so you do not need to download that file separately. However, if you already downloaded the SDK, and you want to get updated settings, download the config file again.
If you are using Android Studio, you can also add the following to your app's build.gradle file:
Remember the following information:
- Replace the version number in the code sample with the appropriate version of the Android SDKs.
- Download the config file and include it in your project.