Before you start
Complete these steps to configure a report suite to collect iOS app data.
Analytics administrators and app developers must complete the following tasks:
To configure a report suite and collect mobile app data:
- Complete one of the sections in Log in to the Adobe Mobile Services UI .
- Create an Analytics account for each app developer.
App developers now have access to view the report suite(s) that you created.
To create a new report suite and download the SDKs, you must be an Analytics Administrator.
- Ensure that your Analytics administrator has completed the steps in the Analytics Administrators section above.
- Verify that your Analytics administrator has completed one of the sections in the Log in to the Adobe Mobile Services UI below.
- After the report suite has been configured, complete steps in the Download the SDK section below.
For more information about roles and permissions, see Roles and Permissions .
Log in to the Adobe Mobile Services UI
Adobe Mobile services is the primary reporting interface for mobile app analytics and targeting. After you complete these steps you can download a configuration file that is pre-configured with your data collection server, report suite, and many other settings.
You can log in to the Adobe Mobile Services in one of the following ways:
- Experience CloudSign in to the Experience Cloud with your Adobe ID.This method assumes that your company has been provisioned and you have linked your Analytics account. For more information about provisioning, see Manage Experience Cloud users and products . For more information about linking your account, see Organizations and account linking .If you are unsure whether your company has been provisioned in the Experience Cloud, use your existing Adobe Analytics account.
- Adobe AnalyticsClick Sign in with Analytics and enter your Analytics company name, your username, and your password.
Create a report suite
To create a report suite to collect app data and define an app:
- Click Create New App .If you do not see this button, click Manage Apps > Add .
- In the Report Suite drop-down, select New Report Suite .
- Enter the name of your app and select a unique report suite ID.An example of a report suite ID is mycomobileappdev . You need to set up separate report suites and apps for the development and production versions. When you are ready to set up the production version, repeat these steps.
- Leave Mobile App Template selected.This template enables timestamps to collect offline data and activates the mobile solution variables to capture lifecycle metrics.
- Select your Timezone , your Currency , and click Save .
Download the SDK
To download the mobile SDK:
- Log in to Mobile Services and open your app in one of the following ways:
- In the All Apps drop-down list, select your app.
- On the right pane, find your app, and open it.
- Click Manage App Settings .
- In the App SDK Downloads section, scroll to the App SDK Downloads section.
- Download the SDK and the sample app for your platform.
A config file for your app is automatically included in the SDK download, so you do not need to download that file separately. However, if you already downloaded the SDK, and you want to get updated settings, download the config file again.