Stand-alone extension implementation
Starting with iOS 10, Apple allows you to create an extension called a stand-alone extension that can be distributed without a containing app. With this extension, you do not need an app group, as there is no containing app with which to share data.
To use stand-alone extensions, you must have Mobile SDK version 4.13.0 or later.
Configure your stand-alone extension for use with the SDK
To configure your stand-alone extension:
- Ensure that the ADBMobileConfig.json file is a member of your extension's target.
- Link the following libraries and frameworks:
- In the main view controller of your extension, set the extension type to ADBMobileAppExtensionTypeStandAlone in the SDK before completing any SDK-related activities.
- Confirm that your app builds without unexpected errors.
Here is some additional information:
- An additional context data value, a.RunMode has been added to indicate whether the data comes from your containing app or your extension:
- a.RunMode = ApplicationThis value means that the hit came from the containing app.
- a.RunMode = ExtensionThis value means that the hit came from the extension.
- No lifecycle call is triggered on iOS extension apps.