Manage points of interest
You can create and manage POIs, which allow you to define geographical locations that you can use for correlation purposes, target with in-app messages, and so on. When a hit is sent in a POI, the POI is attached to the hit.
Before you can use Location, verify the following requirements:
- You must have Analytics—Mobile Apps or Analytics Premium.
- You must enable Location Reports for the app.
- If you are using a version of the iOS SDK or Android SDK older than version 4.2, after adding new Points of Interest , you must download a new configuration file and give it to your app developers.If you are using the iOS SDK or Android SDK version 4.2 or later, you do not need to submit an app update to the store to update your Points of Interest . On the Manage Points of Interest page, when you click Save , the changes are packaged to the Points of Interest list and the configuration file for the live app is updated. Saving also updates the list of points in your app on the user devices, as long as the app uses the updated SDK and configuration with a remote POI URL.
On the user's device, for a hit to be assigned to a Points of Interest , location must be enabled for the app.
To use Location, complete the following tasks:
- Click the name of the app to go to its Manage App Settings page.
- Click Location > Manage Points of Interest .
- Type the information in each of the following fields:
- Point NameType the Point of Location name.This could be the name of a city, county, or region. You can also create a Point of Location around specific locations, such as sports stadiums or businesses.
- LatitudeType the latitude of the Point of Location . You can find this information from other sources, including the Internet.
- LongitudeType the longitude of the Point of Location . You can find this information from other sources, including the Internet.
- Radius (Meters)Type the radius (in meters) around the Point of Location that you want to include. For example, if you create a POI for Denver, Colorado, you can specify a radius large enough to include the city of Denver and the surrounding areas, but exclude Colorado Springs.
- Map Icon
- Add additional POIs, as needed.We recommend that you add no more than 5,000 POIs. If you add more than 5,000, you can save the points, but you will receive a warning message informing you that best practices dictate having fewer than 5,000 points.
- Click Save .
To delete one or more POIs, select the applicable check boxes, and click Remove Selected .
Click Import or Export to work with the data by using a .csv file instead of using the Adobe Mobile user interface.