Prerequisites to enable push messaging
You must complete these tasks before configuring push messaging in your applications.
Enable the Experience Cloud for your company
Your Adobe Analytics Company must be Experience Cloud enabled. You can verify the status your Adobe account executive.
Install and configure the Mobile SDK
- Install the Mobile SDKTo configure push messaging, you must download and install at least version 4.6 or later of the Mobile SDK. For more information, see Download the SDKs .
- Configure push servicesYou must configure push services in the Mobile SDK. For more information, see the following content:
Log in to the Mobile Core Service using your Adobe ID
To use the Push Services functionality users must log in to the Mobile Core Service by using their Adobe ID and their Analytics account must be linked to their Adobe IDs. Push Services functionality is not available if users log in using their existing Adobe Analytics accounts.
If users do not have Adobe IDs, complete the following steps:
- ( Experience Cloud Administrator ) Invite users to the Experience Cloud.
- ( User ) Create a personal Adobe ID using the instructions that you received from the Experience Cloud administrator.An email message is automatically sent to each user after the administrator completes the previous step.
- ( Users ) Log in to Mobile using their Adobe ID.
Configure push services and the SDK ID service in the Mobile User Interface
Before you enable the ID service for your app, the Push Services section is disabled. But, after you enable the ID service, the Push Services section is enabled. For more information about enabling push services, see Configure SDK ID service options .
You must click Save to save your changes and refresh the Push Services.
You can configure one app store app for Apple and one for Google in each report suite. If you need additional apps, for example, one for a production environment and one for a dev environment, set up a new app store app and a new report suite for each environment.
- For Apple , drag and drop your private key and/or certificate. If your private key is password-encrypted, type its password.
- For the Private Key , drag and drop your private-key file into the box.You can also click Browse to select the file. This file contains the private key. The certificate might also be included in this file ( .p12 , pkcs12 , .pfx , .key , .pem ).
- For the Private Key Password , if your private-key file is encrypted, type the password.(Conditional) For the Certificate , drag and drop your certificate file into the box. You can also click Browse to select the file. This field is not required if the private-key file also contains the certificate ( .cert , .cer , .crt , .pem ).
- For Google , specify the API key for the app.Click Test to validate that the app and Mobile Services are configured correctly. This option is useful for debugging and troubleshooting.Type the device's push tokens that you want to send the message. You can send the message to multiple devices by specifying tokens in a comma-separated list.