Postbacks let you send data collected by Adobe Mobile to a separate third-party server. By leveraging the same triggers and traits that you use to display an in-app message, you can configure Mobile Services to send customized data to a third-party destination.
- Click the name of the desired app to go to its Manage App Settings page and click the Manage Postbacks link at the top right side.
- Click Create Postback .
- Type the following information in the fields:
Specify who can see the message when it is triggered. Options include [Session Length , First Launch Date , and App ID .
- Postback TypeChoose Custom . Templates will be available in the future.
- NameSpecify a descriptive name for the postback.
- URLSpecify a valid endpoint URL (with appropriate query parameters as needed for GET requests). You obtain this URL from the party you are sending the data to (ad server or your own endpoint). For example https://my.server.com/?user=bob&zip=90210&c16=4.6.0-iOS&c27=cln,132 .
- Context VariableHighlight portions of the URL and select the desired context variable from the drop-down list. You can also insert context variables into the URL, and the URL will replace all template variables with values from the hit.
- Add Post BodySpecify any additional post body content, for example on a post request. If you specify post body text, specify the content type for the post body. For example, application/json .
- Timeout (in seconds)Specify the time (in seconds) to wait for the postback.
- Trigger(s)Specify one or more data tags and conditions that trigger the postback. For example, you might choose Crashed as the trigger and Exists as the condition to trigger the postback when the app crashes. You can also specify which metrics activate the postback. For example, you can select Device Name as the trigger, Equals , and iPhone 6 Plus as conditions to activate the postback when the app crashes on iPhone 6 Plus devices.
- Click Save to create the postback and add it to the Manage Postbacks list.To activate the postback in the future, do one of the following:
- Select the checkbox next to the postback in the Manage Postbacks list and click Activate Selected .
- Click Save & Activate to save your changes and immediately activate the postback.