Add a new app
You can use this information to create a new app and configure its key metrics;configure the SDK options for Adobe Analytics and Adobe Audience Manager; configure acquisition and ID service options; and download the configuration file, SDKs, and developer and tester tools.
These instructions will help you add a new app and configure Adobe Analytics and Adobe Audience Manager integrations.
Before you can configure your app, you must add it in the Adobe Mobile Services user interface. After you create the app, the correct configuration is generated, and you can provide this configuration to the developers who are implementing the Mobile SDK for the app.
- Sign in to Adobe Mobile Services and complete one of the following tasks:
- Click Create New to create an app.
- To add additional apps, click Manage Apps in the left navigation menu and click Add .For more information about signing in, see Sign in .To manage existing apps, click Manage Apps in the left navigation menu and click the app that you want to modify. You can make changes on the App Information page.
- Type information in the following fields:Report SuiteSpecify the report suite in which reporting data will be collected and stored in Adobe Analytics. Each app is connected to one Analytics report suite. If you are sending app data to multiple reports suites, add a new app for each report suite. Each app is connected to one Analytics report suite. If you are sending app data to multiple reports suites, add a new app for each report suite.If you have been given Analytics administrator privileges in Adobe Mobile, you can create a new report suite in Adobe Mobile. To create a new report suite, select New Report Suite and type information into the following fields:
To use a virtual reporting suite (VRS), see Virtual Report Suites .
- Report Suite IDThis ID uniquely identifies the report suite in Adobe Analytics. Your company prefix is automatically added to the beginning of the ID.
- Copy Settings FromThe variables, events, processing rules, and other settings are set up in the new report suite exactly like they are in this report suite. A report suite created in Mobile Services is offline-enabled (or time stamped) only if the Copy Settings From report suite used was the Mobile App Template, or if you create a report suite that is offline enabled.
- TimezoneAll reporting dates are in this time zone. This setting attempts to use a time zone close to what your browser uses.
- CurrencyRevenue is tracked and reported as this type of currency.
- Icon( Optional ) To browse to and select an icon for your app, click Icon .
- Name( Optional ) Type a descriptive name for the app. This name helps you quickly locate an app, and a meaningful name can help you quickly understand the app's purpose and settings.
- TypeSelect a type from the drop-down list. The available reports that display in the left navigation menu vary depending on the type of app you select.Here are the available types:
- StandardYou can leave the Standard option selected for most apps.
- PublicationYou can select this option if your app was built using Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
- GameThis option is similar to the Standard option, except that Game updates the terminology used in the reports to terms for games. For example, users is changed to players. Game-specific reports are automatically shown for game apps.
- Description( Optional ) Type a description for the app.
- Click Save to add the new app.After the app has been added, you can check the App Information page about configuring additional options. For more information, see Manage App Settings .