Schedule: push messages
In the Adobe Mobile Services UI, you can schedule a push message to be delivered immediately, to be delivered later, and as a recurring event. These events can be scheduled on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Users can modify the scheduling settings for a push message job at any time. If there is no applicable date to send a recurring scheduled message, for example, a monthly recurring job every 31st day, on February 31st, or the 5th Tuesday of the month, no message is sent.
Remember the following information:
- The correct date and time format is hh:mm and mm/dd/yyyy .
- You can edit a scheduled message in the following ways:
- Change the date to a later date.
- Change the repeat interval to another interval.For example, if you originally had a message that was sent every day, you can switch the recurrence to weekly.
Before scheduling recurring push messages
You must understand the following information before scheduling recurring push messages:
- The options that are displayed in the Repeat drop-down list depend on the date you typed or selected.For example, if you typed Saturday, October 7 , the following options are displayed:
- Every day
- Every Saturday
- Day 7 of Every Month
- 1st Saturday of Every Month
- Push messages are scheduled and sent based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).For example, if you scheduled a recurring message to be sent every Saturday at 12:00 pm (noon) PST , starting on October 7, the message will actually be sent on Saturday at 7 pm GMT .
- Messages are sent differently depending on whether you are located in the U.S., Europe, or Asia.For example, if you are located in San Jose, California, and you schedule a message to be sent on October 31 at 5:30 pm PST , the message is actually sent on November 1 at 12:30 am GMT . If you are located in Tokyo, and you schedule a message to be sent on January 1 at 5:30 am, it will be sent on December 31 at 8:30 pm GMT .
- Push messages are sent an hour earlier or later depending on when day light savings occurs.
- When you look at your push messages report, the message is displayed in the local time zone of your system.For example, if your start time is 12:00 pm PST , although the message will be sent at 7pm GMT , the message report will display the time sent as 12:00 pm PST .
Schedule a recurring push message
- On the Schedule page for a new push message, select Scheduled or Now .For more information, see Create a push message .If you selected Now , the message is pushed immediately. To prevent the message from being scheduled immediately, click Save as Draft .
- If you selected Scheduled , click the calendar icon and select or type a start date.
- Type a time.
- Under Repeat , select one of the following options:
- Every day
- Every Tuesday
- <Day x> of the monthThe displayed options change depending on the day you selected or typed as the start day.
- <nth day> of Every MonthThe displayed value changes depending on which date you selected or typed as the start date.
- In End Repeat , type an end date and time.
- Click one of the following options:
- Save as DraftThis option saves the message in a draft format. You can choose this option to save an unfinished message or to save the message so that someone else can edit and approve the message before activating it.If you selected Now in the previous step, the draft message is sent immediately on activation. If you selected a date and time to push the message, the message is pushed according to this schedule.
- Save & ScheduleThis option sends the message on the scheduled day and time.
To push the draft message later, complete one of the following tasks:
- Click Manage Messages , select the check box next to the message, and click Activate Selected .
- Click Save & Send to save the message and send it.