In-App messaging with Places Service
This information helps you understand how you can use Places Service information to send In-App Messages or Local Notifications.
Before you begin, complete the following tasks:
- Have a mobile application configured with the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK, including the Adobe Campaign Standard extension .
- Integrate the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK into your app.
- Add the Adobe Campaign Standard Extension to your mobile app configuration.
- Create a POI in the Places Service POI management interface.
Sending an In-App message based on a geo-fence entry or exit
- In your Adobe Campaign Standard instance, click Create In-App message .
- For the message type, select Target all users of a Mobile application .
- Click Next and type the general details.
- In the left pane, verify that you can use a variety triggers that are related to Places Services.
In the example below, you can trigger an in-app message that is displayed only to users who enter one of the vacation resorts that are participating in a free drink program, and you want to send those users a coupon when they arrive.
- You can choose to have the in-app message display if the user has entered a POI geo-fence.
- You can also use metadata that is defined in the Places Services UI to filter audience.
- Click the Next to finish creating the In-app message for delivery.To test the in-app message delivery, launch the application in Xcode or Android studio and use the location simulator to select a POI hat fits the messaging criteria.
Using Places Services with Adobe Campaign Standard gives you a powerful tool to segment and target your messaging to users based on geo-fence entries and exits. This integration allows you to build more personalized and contextual use cases.