16. Ingest & Analyze Google Analytics data in Adobe Experience Platform with the BigQuery Source Connector
In this module, you'll set up your own instance of Google Cloud Platform, load sample data in Google Cloud Platform and you'll then use the BigQuery Source Connector to ingest that data from Google Cloud Platform into Adobe Experience Platform. Finally, you'll use Customer Journey Analytics to visualize that data.
Source connectors in Adobe Experience Platform make the process of getting data into Adobe Experience Platform easy. Google BigQuery is one of the already available connectors. Thanks to Adobe Experience Platform and the BigQuery Source Connector we can now bring Google Analytics data into Analysis Workspace in Customer Journey Analytics.
In addition, we can enrich that Google Analytics data by joining it with other data sources such as CRM, Call Center or Loyalty data within Customer Journey Analytics.
- Become familiar with the Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery User Interface
- Ingest Google Analytics data into Adobe Experience Platform
- Use Customer Journey Analytics to perform analysis of Google Analytics data
- Enrich Google Analytics data with offline data
- Some familiarity with Customer Journey Analytics is preferred, but not required
- Access to Adobe Experience Platform: https://experience.adobe.com/platform
- Access to Customer Journey Analytics
- Access to Google Cloud Platform and Google BigQuery
- Download these assets :
- This documentation has been created to facilitate hands-on, technical enablement around Adobe Experience Platform. In order to complete some of the modules, you'll need to change some variables and replace them by your specific Environment Variables . Please contact your Adobe contact who will provide you with the required Environment Variables of your specific Adobe Experience Platform instance.
This tutorial was created to facilitate a particular workshop format. It uses specific systems and accounts to which you might not have access. Even without access, we think you can still learn a lot by reading through this very detailed content. If you're a participant in one of the workshops and need your access credentials, please contact your Adobe representative who will provide you with the required information.
Have a look at the below architecture, which highlights the components that will be discussed and used in this module.
Sandbox to use
For this module, please use this sandbox: --aepSandboxId-- .
Don't forget to install, configure and use the Chrome Extension as referenced in 0.5 - Install the Chrome extension for the Experience League documentation
Create your Google Cloud Platform account.
Learn how to use BigQuery to prepare the data for loading into Platform.
Learn how to setup the source connector in Adobe Experience Platform.
Learn how to configure the BigQuery source connector in Adobe Experience Platform to ingest your Google Analytics Data.
Learn how to analyze Google Analytics data in Customer Journey Analytics and combine it with Loyalty data.
Summary of this module and overview of the benefits.
Thank you for investing your time in learning all there is to know about Adobe Experience Platform. If you have questions, want to share general feedback of have suggestions on future content, please contact Wouter Van Geluwe directly, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .