7. Query Service
In this module, you will get a hands-on preview of Adobe Experience Platform Query Service. Query Service lets you perform omnichannel queries across all Adobe Experience Cloud application data, joining and analyzing data across Adobe Campaign, Analytics, Audience Manager, Target, and Advertising Cloud and other customer data loaded/inserted into Adobe Experience Platform.
Query Service is a serverless tool. It supports SQL queries and connectivity from multiple client applications through its PostgreSQL compatibility. We will use data that has been injected into platform using either Web Interaction Data, Call Center Interactions in combination with Customer Loyalty Data uploaded into platform.
- Become familiar with the Adobe Experience Platform UI
- Connect to Query Service and run your SQL queries
- Explore datasets in Adobe Experience Platform
- Connect Tableau or Power BI to the Adobe Experience Platform Query Service to create visualizations and reports
- Some familiarity with SQL is preferred, but not required
- Access to Adobe Experience Platform: https://experience.adobe.com/platform
- Datasets (dataset used during lab, pre-loaded for you)
- Tableau or Microsoft Power BI Desktop
- This documentation has been created to facilitate hands-on, technical enablement around Adobe Experience Platform. In order to complete some of the modules, you'll need to change some variables and replace them by your specific Environment Variables . Please contact your Adobe contact who will provide you with the required Environment Variables of your specific Adobe Experience Platform instance.
This tutorial was created to facilitate a particular workshop format. It uses specific systems and accounts to which you might not have access. Even without access, we think you can still learn a lot by reading through this very detailed content. If you're a participant in one of the workshops and need your access credentials, please contact your Adobe representative who will provide you with the required information.
Have a look at the below architecture, which highlights the components that will be discussed and used in this module.
You will need to install PSQL to execute the queries in this enablement exercise. Depending on your operating system you will have to install Microsoft Power BI or Tableau. Windows users can choose between Power BI or Tableau. Mac users should install Tableau.
In this you will explore the Adobe Experience Platform Query Service User Interface, learn about data sets, find your queries and finally setup a connection from PSQL.
In this you will learn about the basic Query Service syntax and you can identify the attributes of the XDM schema in your query.
In this you will be doing queries, you will learn about the Adobe Defined Functions while doing some churn analysis. At the end of this you will write a query to prepare a dataset for use in Microsoft Power BI.
In this you will generate a dataset from a query executed in the previous and you will use this dataset in Power BI or Tableau to to Callcenter Interaction Analysis.
Summary of this module and overview of the benefits.
Thank you for investing your time in learning all there is to know about Adobe Experience Platform. If you have questions, want to share general feedback of have suggestions on future content, please contact Wouter Van Geluwe directly, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .