Create a sandbox
In this lesson, you will create a development environment sandbox that you will use for the rest of the tutorial.
Sandboxes provide isolated environments where you can try out functionality without mixing resources and data with your Production environment.
Data Architects and Data Engineers will need to create sandboxes outside of this tutorial.
Before you begin the exercises, watch this short video to learn more about sandboxes:
In the Configure Permissions lesson, you set up all the access controls you need to complete this lesson, specifically:
- Permission items Sandbox Administration > View Sandboxes and Manage Sandboxes
- Permission item Sandboxes > Prod
- User-role access to the Luma Tutorial Platform product profile
- Admin-level access to the Luma Tutorial Platform product profile
The sandbox feature is currently in Beta. If you do not have the sandbox feature in your account, please reach out to your Adobe representative for early access.
Create a Sandbox
Let's create a sandbox:
- Log into the Adobe Experience Platform interface
- Click Sandboxes in the left navigation
- Click Create sandbox on the top right
- Name your sandbox luma-tutorial
- Title your tutorial Luma Tutorial
- Click the Create buttonWhile you could use any arbitrary values for your sandbox name and title, sticking to the values suggested is recommended as we will refer to these labels throughout the tutorial. If there are multiple people at your organization completing this tutorial, consider adding your name at the end of the sandbox title and name, e.g. luma-tutorial-ignatiusjreilly.
Sandboxes take approximately fifteen minutes to create and a "Creating" status will display during this time:
When the sandbox is fully created it show as "Active":
Wait until your sandbox is "Active" before continuing to the next exercise.
Add the new sandbox to the product profile
Once the sandbox is active, you need to include it in your product profile in order to use it. To add it to your product profile:
- In a separate browser tab, log into the Admin Console
- Go to Products > Adobe Experience Platform
- Open the Luma Tutorial Platform profile
- Click on the Permissions tab
- On the Sandboxes row, click Edit
- Remove the Prod sandbox you assigned to the profile originally
- Click the + icon to add the new Luma Tutorial sandbox to the right hand column
- Click Save to save the updated permissions
- Go back to the browser tab with Experience Platform
- Reload the page and you should now either be in the Luma Tutorial sandbox or it should appear in your sandbox dropdown
- Switch to the Luma Tutorial sandbox if you aren't already in it