Video player requirements
All video players must provide capabilities that the manifest server relies on to insert ads and to enable ad tracking.
To use the Primetime ad insertion API, a video player must satisfy the following:
- Can track playhead position as content is played back.
- Can request tracking URLs at the times specified.
- Runs on a device platform that supports HLS v3 or later, including:
- PTS discontinuities as marked by EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY tags
- Runs on a platform that supports HTTP redirects and parsing JSON.
- Runs on a platform that supports CORS.