Replace a VOD timeline
Replace a VOD timeline by sending a new ad insertion request to the manifest server with an appropriately set pttimeline query parameter.
- Prepare an ad insertion request in the usual manner.
- Set the ptcueformat query parameter to DPIScte35.
- Set the enableC3 query parameter to true or false as appropriate.
- Create a pttimeline parameter using the VOD timeline format:
- Specify each content block (chapter) with duration = 0 and number_of_lots = 1 .
- Specify each ad block as usual, but set lots = 0 to remove a break. Set duration = 0 to use the ad break's duration (from the M3U8 file).
Example: Replacing a VOD Timeline
This example assumes the VOD content is in Original.m3u8 with a timeline of C,120,1;B,60,2,m;C,120,1;B,60,2,m;C,120,1;
The following manifest server request replaces the breaks in Original.m3u8 with a 30-second pre-roll, followed by two breaks of duration two minutes each.
https://manifest.auditude.com/auditude/variant/pubAsset/Original.m3u8?. . .&enableC3=false &pttimeline=B,30,2,p;C,0,1;B,120,4,m;C,0,1;B,120,4,m;C,0,1;
The following manifest server request removes the breaks in Original.m3u8 and adds a 30-second pre-roll and a 30-second post-roll.
https://manifest.auditude.com/auditude/variant/pubAsset/Original.m3u8?. . .&enableC3=false &pttimeline=B,30,2,p;C,0,1;B,0,0,m;C,0,1;B,0,0,m;C,0,1;B,30,2,t;