Set up the license server database
The reference implementation license server requires a database to support the following:
- User authentication
- Usage model demo business rules
- Metadata conversion
- Domain support
Anonymous license acquisition does not require that the database be running.
This procedure applies only to Microsoft Windows. For other operating systems, see the documentation for your operating system or see the MySQL documentation.
To run the license server, you need to install and configure MySQL:
- On the DVD, go to the Third Party\MySQL\Installer\5.1 folder and start the installation program.
- Compete the MySQL installation.
- Select Configure MySQL Server Now to start the configuration wizard.
- Until the fifth screen, use the default settings or select specific settings for your testing.
- On the fifth screen, select Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) or Manual Setting and enter the maximum number of allowed connections.
- Write down the root password.
- To re-install MySQL, if you need to start the server later, complete the following steps:
- Delete the system drive: folder.This folder is located in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL.
- Delete the old MySQL install folder.For example, system drive: , which is located in \Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1.
- To install MySQL JDBC Driver 5.1.7, copy the mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar file in the Third Party\MySQL\Installer\5.1 folder on the DVD to the ...\Tomcat6.0\lib directory on the Tomcat Server.MySQL JDBC Driver 5.1.7 works with Tomcat 6.0. Older versions of Tomcat are no longer supported.