Determining if Reference Implementation License Server runs properly
There are several ways to determine whether your Reference Implementation License Server has started correctly. You can view the catalina.log logs may not be sufficient, as the license server logs to its own log files. Follow the steps below to ensure your Reference Implementation has started up properly.
- Check your AdobeFlashAccess.log file. This is where the Reference Implementation writes log information. The location of this log file is indicated by your log4j.xml file and can be modified to point to any location you'd like. By default, the log file copied to the working directory where you run catalina.
- Go to the following URL: https:// flashaccess/license/v4 your server:server port . You should see the text "License Server is setup correctly".
Another way to test if your server runs correctly is to package a segment of the test content, set up a sample video player, and then play it.
The following procedure describes this process:
- Go to the \Reference Implementation\Command Line Tools folder.See Installing the command line tools on how to install the command line tools.
- Type the following command to create a simple anonymous DRM policy:
java -jar libs\AdobePolicyManager.jar new policy_test.pol -xSee Command line usage on how to create DRM policies with the DRM Policy Manager.
- Set the encrypt.license.serverurl property in the flashaccesstools.properties file to the URL of the license server.For example, https:// localhost:8080/. The flashaccesstools.properties file is located in the \Reference Implementation\Command Line Tools folder.
- Type the following command to package a segment of the content:
java -jar libs\AdobePackager.jar <i class="+ topic ph hi-d="" i "=""> test_input_FLV <i class="+ topic ph hi-d="" i "=""> output_file -p policy_test.pol </i class="+ topic> </i class="+ topic>
- Copy the two generated files to the webapps\ROOT\Content folder on the Tomcat server.
- Go to the Reference Implementation\Sample Video Players\Desktop\Flash Player\Release directory and copy the contents to the [webapps\ROOT\SVP\] folder on the Tomcat server.
- Install Flash Player version 10.1 or later.
- Open a web browser and go to the following URL: https:// localhost:8080/SVP/player.html
- Go to the following URL and then click Play : https:// localhost:8080/Content/ your_encrypted_FLV .
- If the video fails to play, check if any error codes are displayed in the logging pane of the Sample Video Player or added to the AdobeFlashAccess.log file.You can now search for the location of the AdobeFlashAccess.log log file in the log4j.xml file and then modify it. By default, the log file is copied into the working directory where you run catalina.