When Browser TVSDK requests an ad that is not on your primary ad server, the player needs to request the ad from the secondary server. Video Ad Serving Template (VAST) sets the standard of communication between ad servers and video players and is the response that is sent by the secondary ad server when the ad is requested.
For more information about VAST, see Digital Video Ad Serving Template (VAST) 3.0 .
Browser TVSDK supports the following VAST ad elements:
Wrapper and inline ads
The following elements are supported:
- wrapper When the player needs to contact a secondary ad server to request an ad, the wrapper element provides the redirect information. One wrapper element can point to several wrappers that ultimately point to a VAST ad.
- inline The following required elements are supported:
- ImpressionThe following optional elements are supported:
This element is a file that is a part of a VAST ad and contains a creative element that can support a linear ad, a non-linear ad, or a companion ad. In the creative element, the id , sequence , and adId elements are supported.
Here is more information about the ad types:
- Linear ads The following elements are supported:
- TrackingEvent , which contains the Tracking element.
- VideoClicks , including the following:
- MediaFile # In this element, the id , bitrate , delivery , width , height , scalable , maintainAspectRatio , apiFramework , and type attributes are supported.
- Non-Linear ads The following elements are supported:
- Non-linear # In this element, the id , width , height , apiFramework , expandedWidth , expandedHeight , scalable , maintainAspectRatio , and minSuggestedDuration attributes are supported.
- Companion ads The following elements are supported:
- Companion # In this element, the id , width , height , apiFramework , expandedWidth , and expandedHeight attributes are supported.
# Only Auditude-specific extensions are supported.