Blackout API elements
TVSDK provides API elements that are useful when implementing blackouts, including methods, metadata, and notifications.
You can use the following when implementing a blackout solution in your player.
- registerCurrentItemAsBackgroundItem Saves the currently loaded resource as the background resource. If replaceCurrentResource is called after this method, TVSDK continues to download the background item's manifest until you call unregisterCurrentBackgroundItem .
- unregisterCurrentBackgroundItem Clears the currently set background resource and stops fetching and parsing the background manifest.
- BlackoutMetadata A Metadata type that is specific to blackouts.This allows you to set nonseekable ranges (an additional TimeRange attribute called nonseekableRange ) on TVSDK. TVSDK checks for these ranges (whether the desired seek position falls within a nonseekableRange ) every time the user seeks. If it is set and the user seeks into a nonseekable range, TVSDK forces the viewer to the end time of the seekableRange .
- START HERE NEXT DefaultMetadataKeys Enable or disable preroll on a live stream by setting ENABLE_LIVE_PREROLL to true or false. If false, TVSDK does not make an explicit ad server call for pre-roll ads before the content playback and so does not play the pre-roll. This has no impact on the mid-rolls. The default is true.
- TIMED_METADATA_IN_BACKGROUND_AVAILABLE event subtype - Dispatched when TVSDK detects a subscribed tag in the background manifest.
- Code: 204000
- Type: Warning
- Error in background manifest download.
- SeekEvent.SEEK_POSITION_ADJUSTED Dispatched when a seek is attempted in a nonseekable range.