Reset or reuse a MediaPlayer instance
You can reset, reuse, or release a MediaPlayer instance that you no longer need.
When you reset a MediaPlayer instance, it is returned to its uninitialized IDLE state as defined in MediaPlayerStatus.
This operation is useful in the following cases:
- You want to reuse a MediaPlayer instance but need to load a new MediaResource (video content) and replace the previous instance.Resetting allows you to reuse the MediaPlayer instance without the overhead of releasing resources, recreating the MediaPlayer , and reallocating resources. The replaceCurrentItem and replaceCurrentResource methods automatically do these steps for you, without having to call the reset method.
- When the MediaPlayer has an ERROR status and needs to be cleared.This is the only way to recover from the ERROR status.
- Call reset to return the MediaPlayer instance to its uninitialized state:
- Use MediaPlayer.replaceCurrentItem or MediaPlayer.replaceCurrentResource to load another MediaResource .To clear an error, load the same MediaResource .
- When you receive the the MediaPlaybackStatusChangeEvent.STATUS_CHANGED with the PREPARED status, start the playback.