An opportunity generator identifies placement opportunities by custom tags in a stream, ad signaling mode custom markers, and so on. The opportunity generator sends these placement opportunities to the content resolver, which customizes the content/ad insertion workflow based on the placement opportunity's properties and metadata.
TVSDK includes the following default opportunity generators:
- ManifestCuesOpportunityGenerator generates opportunities from the default ad cues ( #EXT-X-CUE ).
- AdSignalingModeOpportunityGenerator generates an initial opportunity for the specified ad signaling mode. This ignores any cues or timed metadata information.
- CustomMarkerOpportunityGenerator generates opportunities to replace baked-in C3 ads.
- AuditudeResolver 's opportunity generator produces opportunities when lazy ad resolving is on.
TVSDK also includes default content resolvers:
- AuditudeResolver , which can communicate with Primetime ad decisioning.
You can override the default opportunity generators and content resolvers to customize the advertising workflow in ways such as the following:
- Recognize custom tags for ad insertion
- Create a customized ad provider.
- Black out content.