VPAID 2.0 ad support
Video player ad-serving interface definition (VPAID) 2.0 provides a common interface to play video ads. It provides a rich media experience for users and allows publishers to better target ads, track ad impressions, and monetize video content.
The following features are supported:
- Version 2.0 of the VPAID specificationFor more information, refer to IAB VPAID 2.0 .
- Linear VPAID ads with video-on-demand (VOD) content
The following features are not supported:
- Version 1.0 of the VPAID specification
- Skippable ads
- Nonlinear ads, such as overlay ads, dynamic companion ads, minimizable ads, collapsible ads, and expandable ads
- Preloading VPAID ads
- VPAID ads in live content
- Flash VPAID ads
The following API elements support VPAID 2.0 ads:
- The getCustomAdView method of MediaPlayer returns a CustomAdView object, representing the web view that renders the VPAID ad (see API References ).
- MediaPlayer.setCustomAdTimeout(int milliseconds) sets the timeout on the VPAID loading process. The default timeout value is 10 seconds.
While the VPAID ad is playing:
- The VPAID ad is displayed in a view container above the player view, so code that relies on taps by users on the player view does not work.
- Calls to pause and play on the player instance pause and resume the VPAID ad.
- VPAID ads do not have a predefined duration, because the ad can be interactive.The ad duration and total ad break duration that are specified in the ad server response might not be accurate.