Primetime TVSDK features
TVSDK for Android 3.9 includes a variety of features that you can implement in your players.
- VOD and live/linear playback
- Management of the playback window, including methods that play, stop, pause, seek, and retrieve the playhead position
- Support for full-event replay
- Closed captioning (608, 708, WebVTT) and alternate forms of audio for increased accessibility
- Controls for text styling in captions
- DVR capability, fast forward, and fast rewind (the latter two are known as trick-play mode )
- Adaptive bit rate (ABR) logic and initial set up of ABR controls
- Live manifest failover support
- Adjustable playback buffers
- Fragment duration, size, and time-to-download tracking support
- VPAID 2.0
- Client-side ad stitching
- Seamless ad insertion, including support for VAST/VMAP
- Support for custom cue tags for ads
- Support for marking, replacing, and deleting C3 ads
- Customizable content/ad insertion workflow including blackout signaling
- Content protection
- Access to digital rights management (DRM)-related services
- Playback of HLS streams unencrypted or with Protected HTTP Live Streaming (PHLS)
- Resolution-based output control, based on DRM policy
- Video and ad tracking
- QoS event tracking
- Notifications that help TVSDK and your application to communicate asynchronously about the status of videos, advertisements, and other elements. Notifications also log activity.
- Debug logging
- Tracking support for fragment duration, size, and time-to-download.
- Secure Delivery
- Secure delivery (HTTPS) support for all calls originating from TVSDK.