Primetime Dynamic Ad Insertion 20.8.1 Release Notes
Dynamic Ad Insertion 20.8.1 release notes describe what is new or changed, issues resolved and known issues in Primetime Dynamic Ad Insertion in the year 2020.
What's new in PTAI 20.8.1
When: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 from 3:00 AM to 6:00 AM Eastern Time
Enhancements and fixes
Enhancements and fixes in previous release versions
When: Thursday, July 9, 2020 from 03:00 AM to 05:00 AM Eastern Time
New Features and enhancements
- SCTE35 enhancement to use either of Provider Ad Start/End messages or Break Start/End messages to identify the cue.
- Updated X-ADBE-AI-X1 header with additional information to help troubleshooting.
- Enhanced metrics aggregation.
- Enhanced SSAI Console Dashboard for Session Stats panel
When: Thursday, June 18, 2020 from 03:00 AM to 04:00 AM Eastern Time
Improved stream synchronization for video clients requiring millisecond precision. Contact Adobe Support to enable millisecond precision for #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME tags .
When: Tuesday, June 2, 2020 from 03:00 AM to 05:00 AM Eastern Time
Contact Adobe Support to enable the following new features via server-side configuration:
- Manifest Manipulation: HLS segment and resource URLs can now be transformed between HTTP and HTTPS to increase performance by reducing TLS handshakes on back-end requests. It can also be used to unify ad/content fragments onto the same CDNs.
- Long Form VOD: Improved APIs to maintain session keep-alive with long form VOD assets.
- Fixed an issue where WebVTT fragments were always requested under http protocol regardless of the original protocol requested.
- Fixed an issue where EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY tags were removed from the top of the playlist when switching from ads back to content. Contact Adobe Support to enable this fix.
When: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 from 04:00 AM to 05:00 AM Eastern Time
- Fixed an issue to ensure that correct CORS headers are provided when If-Modified-Since headers are sent.
- Bug fixes on the CRS dashboard.
- Maintenance updates.
When: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 from 03:00 AM to 04:00 AM Eastern Time
- Fixed an issue that caused subtitles to go out of sync after ad insertion in VOD/ WebVTT.
- Security updates.
When: Thursday, March 26, 2020 from 03:00 AM to 04:00 AM Eastern Time
- Fixed an issue with X-Forwarded-For headers, where IPv6 addresses were not correctly URL encoded when passed to the ad servers.
- Fixed an issue with CMAF/demuxed audio streams, where in certain scenarios EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE numbers would increment incorrectly.
When: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 from 05:30 AM to 07:00 AM Eastern Time
- Improvements to SCTE35 signal handling.
- Maintenance updates.
When: Thursday, March 05, 2020 from 02:30 AM to 04:30 AM Eastern Time
- Performance improvements:
- Added cache support for both master/media m3u8 manifests. These manifests now respond to Cache-Control: public and Max-Age headers, which can often improve video start performance.
- Added support for forcing https creatives to be fetched over http, which can also improve video start performance.
- Security and maintenance fixes.
When: Thursday, February 13, 2020 from 04:30 AM to 05:30 AM Eastern Time
- Added support for stitching ad assets that contain multiple audio-only streams based on language/codec/bitrate.
- Minor performance enhancements and maintenance updates.
When: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 from 2:00 AM to 03:00 AM Eastern Time
- VMAP with FER support for nbc CueFormatConvert cues from FER stream into FW timeline override params, when ptcueformat=nbc is used and the stream is a VOD stream with in-manifest cues and baked-in ads.
- Sanitize user-agent field in HTTP Header before forwarding to third-party Ad providers/ CDN.
- Filter out control/non-printable characters (ASCII code < 32) from user-agent HTTP headers before sending to Auditude and other ad-providers, CDNs. Auditude Ad-Call used to fail for such invalid headers.
- Purge old V1 Objects from NetStorage Groups to keep object count within safe limits of Akamai.
Version 20.1.2 (Hotfix)
When: Monday, January 20, 2020 from 02:00 AM to 03:00 AM Eastern Time
- Maintenance updates.
When: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 from 04:00 AM to 05:00 AM Eastern Time
- The Creative Repackaging Service now delivers quicker ad insertion by automatically block listing malformed creatives.
- Added phase 1 support for new SCTE 35 cue format in server-side ad insertion.
- Maintenance upgrades.
Where resolution is associated with a reported issue, a Zendesk reference is displayed. For example, ZD#xxxxx
- WebVTT fragments were always requested under http protocol regardless of the original protocol requested.
- EXT-X-DISCONTINUITY tags are removed from the top of the playlist when switching from ads back to content. Contact Adobe Support to enable this fix.
- Issues with CORS headers when If-Modified-Since headers are sent.
- Issues in CRS dashboard.
- Issue that caused subtitles to go out of sync after ad insertion in VOD/ WebVTT.
- Issue with X-Forwarded-For headers, where IPv6 addresses were not correctly URL encoded when passed to the ad servers.
- Issue with CMAF/demuxed audio streams, where in certain scenarios EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE numbers increment incorrectly in certain scenarios
Known issues and limitations
No new limitation added.