Release Notes - March 2015
Customer attributes, group mapping, contribution analysis, My Recommended Reports dashboards, additional eVars and events, and more.
To receive release notes one week prior to the monthly product update, subscribe to the Adobe Priority Product Update . Release information in the Priority Product Update comes one week in advance of the release date and is subject to change. Please check back at release time for updates.
Marketing Cloud Interface 15.3.2
New features and fixes in the Adobe Marketing Cloud core services interface.
Release date: March 19, 2015
Upload Customer Attributes
If you capture enterprise customer data in a customer relationship management (CRM) database, you can upload that data into the Marketing Cloud.
Once the data is in the Marketing Cloud, you can, for example, create an audience segment in Analytics that includes customer attributes in the segment definition, and then share that audience segment with Target.
See Customer Attributes in Marketing Cloud help.
Learn more about Enabling Your Solutions for Core Services .
Release date: March 4
The Group Management page has been redesigned as an administrative interface that lets you create groups, add users to groups, and apply permissions across Marketing Cloud solutions.
When linking solution accounts in the Marketing Cloud, if you have multiple solutions and organizations, you can now map multiple products and services to a single organization.
Activation now displays in the left navigation in the Marketing Cloud . Activation is a Marketing Cloud core service currently comprised of the dynamic tag management technology, and directs you there when clicked.
Documentation Updates - Core Services
Added the topic Core Services - Enabling Your Solutions to assist you with implementing core services.
See Marketing Cloud Product Documentation for product help.
Adobe Mobile Services
Managing Acquisition and In-App Messages are now accessible only to users within the Mobile App Admin group managed through Admin Tools in Analytics . This allows companies to manage who has access to these resources. More...
When you log in to Mobile Services using your Adobe ID, if you have multiple Analytics companies, you can switch between them in Mobile Services.
To change companies, click your user icon in the top right of the header.
See Adobe Mobile Services for product documentation. To see the release notes for previous releases, expand Previous Release Notes in the left pane.
Dynamic Tag Management (03/24/2015)
- Updated the variable and event interface for the Adobe Analytics tool to allow auto-complete selection and to enable access to additional eVars and events for Analytics Premium accounts.
- Fixed an issue where the Store Path option for FTP library deployments was not updating for production libraries when using nested directories.
- Updated data elements to support hyphened names.
- Fixed an issue where the column indicator in the Rules table displayed for a rule, even if the tool was deleted.
- Updated the Sequential HTML code option to be available for page-load rules only. This option no longer appears for event-based rules. A notice displays with a Sequential HTML tag on an event-based rule to notify users to change the tag before the rule can be saved.
- Fixed an issue where the Sign in with Adobe ID login option wasn’t allowing users to sign in as a different user. Users can click Sign in with a Different Adobe ID to log out as the current Marketing Cloud user and be redirected to the Adobe login page.
See What's New in Dynamic Tag Management for current and cumulative release notes, help, and documentation updates.
New features and fixes in Adobe Analytics.
New Features, Enhancements or Changes in Analytics
|Updated guidance on time-stamped hits|| Data is time stamped when offline data is enabled in the mobile SDK (default setting) or anytime a report suite is
configured to accept time-stamped data
. Data collected offline on mobile devices may be sent hours or weeks after the date when it happened. These hits may be queued within the
platform for minutes or hours longer than hits without time stamps:
|Customer Attributes report|
Visitor Profile > Customer Attributes .
If you capture enterprise customer data in a customer relationship management (CRM) database, you can upload the data into a customer attribute data source in the Marketing Cloud. After the data is uploaded, you can run the Customer Attributes report in reports & analytics. More...
|New Reports & Analytics default landing page||A new dashboard called My Recommended Reports will replace the built-in, standardized Site Overview dashboard as the default landing page in reports & analytics. My Recommended Reports shows the Key Metrics report plus your five most frequently viewed reports. It is dynamic and based on the actual reports that you view the most. More...|
|Contribution Analysis||Contribution Analysis discovers hidden patterns to explain statistical anomalies and identify correlations behind unexpected customer actions, out-of-bound values, and sudden spikes or dips for selected metrics across convergent audience segments. More...|
| Freeform Analysis
|For Admin users, Freeform Analysis is available to evaluate in an open beta. Freeform Analysis breaks down your data to build queries using relevant metrics, dimensions, segments, time lines, and other analysis breakdown values on the fly. Customizable reports and interactive visualizations then let you save the reports and share across the organization.|
|Additional eVars and Events||You now have access to additional eVars and events. The exact number depends on which Adobe Analytics product you have contracted. More…|
|Reports & Analytics: Real Time Reports enhancements||You can now favorite and bookmark real time reports. This means you can also bookmark a real time report as your landing page. Additional UI enhancements include report labels.|
|Admin Tools > User Management enhancement|
Added a column in the User Management table that shows the date when the user was created.
|Admin Tools > Report Suites enhancement|
The settings for Downloads under Analytics > Admin > Report Suites now include URL Filters, Time Zone, Paid Search Detection, and Base Currency.
|Reports & Analytics: Calendar Events enhancement||Calendar Events that have been marked as Shared now have an option to "push" the Calendar Event to other users. Pushing a Calendar Event will cause it to show up on the recipient users' trended and overtime graphs. This makes Calendar Events much more usable. Analysts now have the ability to force an overlay onto their users' reports to provide more context.|
|Ad Hoc Analysis|
If you launch ad hoc analysis from a saved JNLP file, you need to download a new copy of the JNLP file with the March release. An error will result if you attempt to launch from a previous version of the JNLP file.
|Data Feeds||Added the ability to create delivery presets for Amazon S3. More...|
The following data feeds columns were deprecated in a prior release (including their post_ versions):
|Data Feeds||Added a number of browser types to the look-up table.|
Added a number of browser types to the look-up table. This improvement could affect preexisting segments with rules on Browser Type.
|Report Builder||Changed the separator between dimensions and classifications from an underscore character (_) to ||. This change has compatibility implications for a Report Builder 5.0 user who opens a Report Builder v5.1 workbook with classification requests. More...|
Marketing Reports & Analytics
- Fixed an issue where the Select All checkbox in Segment Manager selected more segments than expected when a filter was applied. It now selects only the visible, active segments.
- Fixed an issue where breaking down the Servers report by Site Sections or Page Names returned a Top Level Domains report instead.
- Fixed an issue with alerts for mobile reports (Device Name, Device Type, Manufacturer, etc.) not working properly.This fix requires that you recreate all alerts for mobile reports.
- Fixed an issue where in password recovery emails, Adobe’s sender domain (omniture.com) did not match the From value (adobe.com). This resulted in these emails being blocked and never received by the user. The From value has been changed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fixed an issue with the Visits metric not showing up in the Available Metric list on the second page of the Request Wizard in Report Builder.
Ad Hoc Analysis
- Fixed an issue with hour granularity that showed different results depending on whether it was set to Rows or Columns .
- Fixed an issue with data warehouse reports not getting delivered when the email address was set as the clients company's email address in the From field. All data warehouse reports are now sent from email@example.com.
Data warehouse access from Version 14 has been removed. Learn more
Clickstream Data Feeds
The following data feed column sizes will increase in a future release (no sooner than 3 months from now):
- geo_zip field - column size will increase from 16 to 50 bytes.
- geo_region field - column size will increase from 32 to 255 bytes.
- geo_city field - column size will increase from 32 to 255 bytes.
Refer to the Adobe Target Release Notes page for the latest release information about the following products:
- Target Standard and Premium
- Target Classic
- Recommendations Classic
Key Documentation Updates
Analytics classification rules - overwrite existing values
In Admin Tools > Classification Rule Builder > <rule set name> , two new options enable you to select an overwrite mode:
Previously, if a key was already classified in any column or cell, the rule would not run on that key, and the row in the table was skipped.
See Classification Rules product documentation for more information.