Release Notes - January 2017
New features and fixes in the Adobe Marketing Cloud.
To receive release notes one week prior to the monthly product update, subscribe to the Adobe Priority Product Update . Release information in the Priority Product Update comes one week in advance of the release date. Please check back at release time for updates.
New features and fixes in the Experience Cloud.
Marketing Cloud ID Service
This release increments the Marketing Cloud ID service code ( VisitorAPI.js ) to version 2.0. It includes the following features, fixes, and other changes.
The ID service code v2.0 automatically synchronizes IDs with Adobe Advertising Cloud by default. See also, Understanding ID Synchronization and Match Rates .
- Fixed a bug that prevented AppMeasurement from making tracking calls to Analytics. (MCID-254, MCID-256, MCID-286)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the ID service from failing right away if a visitor had enabled an ad blocker and that blocker was configured to exclude the demdex.net domain. This is a rare and unusual bug because most ad blocking tools do not block the demdex.net domain. (MCID-233)
- Fixed a bug caused by interactions between ID service code and a custom script on a customer's website. This issue prevented Internet Explorer 9 from loading Web pages. (MCID-206)
Marketing Cloud ID Service help is located here .
Dynamic Tag Management
Marketing Cloud ID Service Library updates
Customers using Marketing Cloud ID Service Library v1.6.0+ with Adobe Analytics requires Analytics library version 1.6.2+. Please update as needed.
Customers using Marketing Cloud ID Service Library v1.10.0 and using setCustomerIDs() need to update to AppMeasurement 1.8.0.
Timezone information added to email notifications
This enhancement fixes an issue that resulted in timestamp discrepancies.
- This release of Dynamic Tag Management contains a number of small security enhancements.
See What's New in Dynamic Tag Management for current and cumulative release notes, help, and documentation updates.
Adobe Mobile Services
Italian language is now supported.
Retention report performance has been improved.
Technology Breakdown PDF will now reflect secondary metric, hidden, selected, and zoomed audiences.
Updated Usage and Technology Overviews to show the Operating System Type dimension rather than the deprecated Mobile Operating System dimension.
Android (version 4.13.3):
iOS (version 4.13.3):
See Adobe Mobile Services for product documentation. To see the release notes for previous releases, expand Previous Release Notes in the left pane.
Maintenance release date: January 19, 2017
Important Notices for Analytics Administrators
Review the following table for important Analytics notices that may affect data collection, processing, APIs, product end-of-life, and so on.
|Notice||Date Added or Updated||Description|
Removed restrictions on how Analytics handles technology data
November 14, 2016
Previously, Adobe Analytics did not record technology data for mobile web traffic. Meaning, reports in the Visitor Profile > Technology section in Reports & Analytics did not receive data for mobile web hits. Beginning with this release, the following reports will populate from mobile web traffic:
Analytics API 1.3 deprecation.
September 15, 2016
Analytics APIs version 1.3 will be officially deprecated as of September 15, 2016. To prevent disruption, Adobe recommends upgrading to the latest API versions as soon as possible.
See the API Support Policy page for more information.
AppMeasurement 1.6.3 and Visitor API 1.6.0
August 4, 2016
New Features in Analytics
Analysis Workspace enhancements
New metric - Visitors with Marketing Cloud ID
Visitors with Marketing Cloud ID is available in Analysis Workspace and the Segment Builder. This metric shows the number of visitors that have a Marketing Cloud ID. You can understand which pages have the Marketing Cloud ID service deployed, and you can understand how many visitors can be shared with other Marketing Cloud solutions. You can also use this metric in segments that are shared to the Marketing Cloud. (You must log in via the Marketing Cloud to use this new metric.)
Analytics Fixes and Improvements
Fixes were applied to the following products and services:
Reports & Analytics
Ad Hoc Analysis
AppMeasurement (Legacy and Mobile SDKs)
AppMeasurement for Other Platforms
See AppMeasurement Release History the following for a release history of AppMeasurement on the following platforms:
Updated January 31
DIL and Google Universal Analytics
Added a new DIL function, GA.submitUniversalAnalytics that lets you send data from Google's Universal Analytics to Audience Manager . See GA.submitUniversalAnalytics .
Advertiser Analytics Reports
New features include:
Fixes, Enhancements, and Deprecations
- Fixed a SQL bug that returned a system error message instead of a user-friendly message when creating a server-to-server destination. (AAM-21187)
- Fixed a bug with the Traits landing page select all check box that prevented you from selecting all the traits in the list. (AAM-26031)
- Fixed a bug in the Visitor Profile Viewer that displayed dates in the local time rather than in the UTC time zone. (AAM-26061)
- Fixed a bug that let users with Admin permissions create a folder with ID 0 that could not be deleted. (AAM-26558)
- Fixed a bug that prevented some customers that have assigned Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) to user groups from working with segments. (AAM-26632)
- Fixed a bug that returned data from a deleted data source. (AAM-26716)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Profile Merge Rules from loading in Internet Explorer. (AAM-27557)
- Fixed a bug in Audience Marketplace that sent empty .csv files to data buyers when data providers revoked access to a data feed. (AAM-27671)
- Design changes to the Destinations and Segments details pages that are designed to help improve usability. (AAM-25723)
- New 14-day, 90-day, and lifetime date ranges for segment populations. (AAM-27712)
DIL Bug Fixes, Enhancements, and Deprecated Code
DIL is the API data collection code for Audience Manager. The January release increments DIL to version 6.8.
This release changes the way the DIL.create function responds when it encounters an error. With v6.8, DIL throws a descriptive error that stops code execution and indicates the nature of the error.
New and Revised Documentation
CSV Files for Overlap Reports . You can request a .csv file for an Overlap Report when that report reaches its 1-million record limit.
- Product Features and Functions FAQ includes a new entry about how to find your Organization ID.
- Data Collection and Product Integration FAQ includes a new entry about white-listing Audience Manager IP and FTP addresses.
- Privacy and Data Retention FAQ includes revised privacy content.
- Traffic DIL in Google Tag Manager (GTM) describes how you can load DIL code in the custom HTML section of a tag.
- TraitWeight includes new information about an extra step in the algorithmic discovery process.
- Data Sampling Error Rates in Selected Audience Manager Reports includes new information about how data sampling works.
- Amazon S3 Name and File Size Requirements for Inbound Data Files includes new information about how the validation process reacts to empty data files.
Server maintenance is schedule for 1/30/2017 at 1:00-4:00 AM PST. During this window, the Publisher will be unavailable and scheduled posts will not be published. Please plan accordingly.
Analytics admins now have access to Social report suite enablement/disablement.
Updated image file size limit for FB in Adobe Social to match that of Facebook's API: 10 MB.
For targeted LinkedIn Company page updates, LinkedIn has changed the minimum follower requirement from 100 to 300. Company pages with under 300 followers will still be able to post to all followers, but not to a targeted segment.
Refer to the Adobe Target Release Notes for the latest release information about the following products:
- Target Standard and Premium
- Target Classic
- Recommendations Classic
Links from Adobe Analytics to all Adobe point products, including Search & Promote, have been removed from navigation. Users of these tools can log in either via Marketing Cloud (where supported) or directly. To log in to Search & Promote, use this link: https://center.atomz.com/center/ .
- Version 17.1.1 is now available.
Adobe Campaign provides an intuitive, automated way to deliver one-to-one messages across online and offline marketing channels. You can now anticipate what your clients want using experiences determined by their habits and preferences.
For product documentation, see:
Adobe Campaign Standard
Adobe Campaign V6
Adobe recommends customers with on-premise deployments to deploy the latest patches to ensure higher stability, security, and performance.
AEM new features
Includes significant performance enhancements, custom video thumbnails support, and dynamic media color management capabilities in AEM Assets since the general availability of AEM 6.2.
For more information, see the AEM 6.2 Feature Pack 2 release notes .
Includes new scalability, performance, and usability improvements for AEM 6.1 customers.
AEM 6.2 Service Pack 1
AEM 6.2 Service Pack 1 is an important update that includes performance, stability, security, and key customer fixes and enhancements released since the general availability of AEM 6.2 in April, 2016.
You can install AEM 6.2 Service Pack 1 on AEM 6.2 GA after applying Hotfix 12785 to it. Some of the key highlights of the service pack are the following:
For more information, see the AEM 6.2 Service Pack 1 release notes .
AEM 6.1 SP2-CFP4
AEM 6.1 SP2 (Service Pack 2)-CFP4 (Cumulative Fix Pack 4) is an important update that includes key customer fixes released since the general availability of AEM 6.1 SP2 in August, 2016.
AEM 6.1 SP2-CFP4 also includes the Apache Jackrabbit Oak repository 1.2.18 .
Note: AEM 6.1 SP2-CFP4 is dependent on AEM 6.1 Service Pack 2. Therefore, be sure you first install AEM 6.1 SP2. For AEM 6.1 SP2 installation instruction, see AEM 6.1 SP2 release notes . Then, you can install AEM 6.1 SP2-CFP4 package available on Adobe Package Share (release notes are also available from the same Package Share location).
The AEM 6.1 Cumulative Fix Pack and accompanying release notes are available on Adobe Package Share here .
IMMERSE17 occurs May 15-19, 2017
IMMERSE is a global virtual developer conference for AEM.
Register Now—early bird pricing ends January 31, 2017.
Our inaugural conference was held this past April. It was so well received that Adobe Systems decided to make this an annual event with more great content. Our expanded agenda now includes an exhibit hall, Birds-of-a-feather round table discussions, and networking lounges. You can attend the conference from the comfort of your office or home depending on your location. Learn more .
Are you actively involved with the AEM Developer Community? Does your company want to be seen as a leading supporter of the community? Check out our IMMERSE17 Sponsorship Prospectus to get involved in this vibrant community.
Updated: Updated January 20
Search Advanced Campaign Management (ACM)
You can now download and display data for a Bing Merchant Center (BMC) account in Search > Products. You also can associate an inventory feed template with the BMC account to include feed columns in your campaign structure and ad copy for shopping campaigns.
To work directly with product data in Advertising Cloud, you must create a corresponding account record in Advertising Cloud containing the account access credentials and with access enabled.
Currently, using the BMC feeds is supported when:
(Google shopping templates) Singapore is now available as a sales country.
Search Campaigns Beta
Additions to the Campaigns Beta include:
Display Managed Campaigns
You can now save changes to multiple ad strategies within a campaign at one time.
Yahoo Ad Exchange is now available as a source for RTB ad strategies. It's selected by default for new ad strategies.
All Facebook Exchange (FBX) ads, which were deprecated on 1 November 2016, are now in the deleted state. Previously, they were paused.
Data for FBX ad strategies is still available in reports.
Social Feed Console Beta
The Feed Console Beta now includes a "Source" column, which indicates the source of the feed file: FTP, GMC, or Upload.
More details are available in the product at ? > Help Contents .