Adobe Experience Cloud release notes - January 2020
New features and fixes in the Adobe Experience Cloud.
Subscribe to the Adobe Priority Product Update to be notified via email about upcoming releases. New information published after the release will be marked with the publication date.
Release date: January, 16 2020
Looking for the help home? See Adobe Experience Cloud Documentation .
Adobe System Status
Adobe System Status provides detailed information, status updates, and email notifications about Adobe cloud products and services outage, disruption, and maintenance events. Check it out at status.adobe.com .
- Using your Adobe ID, you can subscribe to event notifications based on your product, region, and event preferences. Users who configure their subscription preferences are notified of only relevant product incident and maintenance events as soon as they are opened, updated, or closed. Get started at status.adobe.com/subscriptions .
New features and enhancements available today
Subscribe to proactive email notifications
Manage notification preferences
Get personalized and faster email delivery
Get personalized in-product notifications
Experience Cloud interface and core services
New features and fixes in the Experience Cloud interface, including administration and core services (customer attributes, audiences, triggers, cookies, and so on).
Unified product domain
Adobe is updating the domain and interface header to unify and improve your experience across all Experience Cloud applications. These enhancements are designed to simplify your experience in small but important ways. These enhancements will not change your current workflows.
- New solution URLs: experience.adobe.com/<application name> :
- All products will eventually adopt this URL pattern. Look for new URLs to become effective throughout the month.
- Browser support: Supported browsers incluce Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera (latest versions). Note: Although the Experience Cloud interface supports these browsers, individual solutions might not support every browser. (For example, Analytics does not support Opera, and Target does not support Safari.)
- (Safari only) The domain change may cause cookie issues in Safari. Unchecking Prevent cross-site tracking in the Safari Privacy Preferences enables cookies across domains (and all cross-site experiences), and allows Experience Cloud to function on this new domain.
- Easier switching between your organizations or to a different application.
- Improved product help: Experience League is integrated into the product so that a help search also includes results from community forums and video content. This change simplifies access to more content and helps you get the most out of Experience Cloud. Additionally, click Help > Feedback to report issues or share your ideas with Adobe.
- Improved notifications: The Notifications drop-down menu now has two tabs, one for your own product notifications and one for global product announcements.
Note: The Feed page is being deprecated in January, 2020. Look for an in-product deprecation notice.
For product documentation, see Experience Cloud .
Release notes for the Experience Platform, Experience Platform Launch, Identity Service, and security bulletins.
- Security bulletins and advisories (All Adobe products)
Experience Platform Launch
See Experience Platform Launch for release notes and product documentation.
Using Adobe Experience Platform, orchestrate individual customer journeys at scale across experience channels by intelligently anticipating every individual's needs in real time, wherever their journey takes them.
Journey Orchestration is now GA. Read more
Mobile Services and Mobile SDKs
January 16, 2020: Version 4.18.0
- Acquisition - Added a new API, Analytics.processGooglePlayInstallReferrerUrl(final String url) , to support Google Play Install Referrer APIs.
For more information about the Install Referrer APIs, see Still Using InstallBroadcast? Switch to the Play Referrer API by March 1, 2020 .
New features and fixes in Adobe Analytics:
For product documentation, see Adobe Analytics Help Home .
New features, enhancements, and fixes in Adobe Analytics
Analysis Workspace – Freeform Table Builder
With Table Builder enabled, you can drag and drop in many dimensions, breakdowns, metrics and segments to build tables that answer more complex business questions. Data will not update immediately. Instead, updates occur after you click Build , saving you time once you know what table you want to construct. Additionally, this feature offers:
Associated documentation will be published when this feature releases later in January.
New Identified State dimension for Cross-Device Analytics (CDA)
We are adding a new dimension called Identified State to CDA virtual report suites. The dimension has two possible values, Identified and Unidentified . Identified means that the person has been identified by the device graph. Unidentified means that the person has not been identified by the device graph.
This means that CDA users can now create calculated metrics, such as Device Graph Coverage, which describes how many of the people within the virtual report suite are known by the device graph. This metric is helpful for troubleshooting CDA compression rates. If few people are identified, the level of stitching will be low.
VRS Support in Data Warehouse API
Virtual Report Suites will now be available for use via the Data Warehouse API. Previously, they were only available via the Data Warehouse UI. When using the Data Warehouse API, you can now see and query virtual report suites, but only if the segments applied to a Virtual Report Suite are compatible with Data Warehouse.
Privacy Service API: CCPA
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) enhances privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States. This Act became effective on January 1, 2020.
The CCPA provides new data privacy rights to California residents, such as the right to access and delete their personal data, to know whether their personal data is sold or disclosed (and to whom), and to refuse the sale of their personal data.
The Privacy Service supports requests to opt out from the selling of personal data.
The Privacy Service was formerly the GDPR Service and retains all the previous functionality, now extended to support CCPA.
- Fixed an issue with alert notifications not being delivered to phone numbers in Egypt. (AN-197079)
- Fixed multiple issues with the DFA Data Connector. (AN-193281, AN-193075, AN-193484, AN-193737)
- Reports & Analytics: Fixed an issue with the Product Conversion Funnel report getting cut off and showing unclear numbers. (AN-186901)
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from switching report suites in Workspace projects that were based on report suites with the new Classifications architecture. (AN-199076)
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Cumulative function in Calculated Metrics from working properly. (AN-184257)
Important notices for Analytics administrators
Date Added or Updated
New Adobe Analytics domain
Dec. 18, 2019
On January 16, 2020, Adobe Analytics will begin moving to a new domain - https://experience.adobe.com/analytics.
Note : This change applies to all users accessing Analytics with their Adobe ID or Enterprise ID.
End of Life - Analytics Legacy APIs
January 9, 2020
In November 2020, the following Analytics Legacy API services will reach their end-of-life and will be shutdown. Current integrations built using these services will stop working.
We have provided a Legacy API EOL FAQ to help answer your questions and provide guidance on how to proceed. API integrations that employ these services can migrate to the 1.4 Analytics REST APIs or the 2.0 Analytics APIs . Legacy OAuth accounts can migrate to an Adobe IO Analytics integration account, which can be used to access both the 1.4 Analytics APIs and 2.0 Analytics APIs.
EOL of View Archive option
Oct. 30, 2019
Announcing the January, 2020, end-of-life date for the View Archive option in the Dashboard Manager ( Components > Dashboards ).
EOL of Enforce IP Login Restrictions option
Oct. 30, 2019
Announcing the January, 2020, end-of-life date for the IP Allowed List ( Enforce IP Login Restrictions ) functionality under the Admin > Company Settings > Security menu.
End of Support for TLS 1.1
October 3, 2019
By March 31, 2020, Adobe Analytics will remove support for TLS 1.1. This change is part of our ongoing efforts to maintain the highest security standards and promote the safety of customer data.
San Jose FTP Broker Ending for London and Singapore
For customers in London and Singapore, we will no longer be supporting brokering of data between London or Singapore and the San Jose data center ftp.omniture.com .
Upcoming change regarding createDate field for Analytics users
August 30, 2019
In October or November 2019, the createDate field for Analytics users was updated from US Pacific Time to a correctly formatted date and time value with time zone information.(AN-183468)
Fixes and features added to Audience Manager.
New features, enhancements, and fixes in Audience Manager
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) , which came into effect on January 1st, 2020, provides California residents new rights regarding their personal information and impose data protection responsibilities on certain entities that conduct business in California.
Audience Manager helps you comply with your obligations under privacy regulations, through privacy tools like the Adobe Experience Platform Privacy Service for data access and delete requests.
We have updated the current opt-out management process to include opting out of any declared ID (e.g. CRM ID). In case of opt-out by declared ID, the declared ID and the last linked device will be opted out of Audience Manager data collection. Opt-out requests now also send unsegment requests to destination partners who support this feature, both in batch and real time.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue in the Create Destination workflow where, upon selecting Integrated Platforms as Category, the Basic Information section would disappear and the workflow would be impossible to complete. (AAM-52397, AAM-52414)
- We fixed a bug where the Create/edit destinations page would not load in the Apple Safari and Mozilla Firefox browsers. (AAM-51784)
New features, fixes, and updates in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). Adobe recommends customers with on-premise deployments to deploy the latest patches to ensure higher stability, security, and performance.
- AEM 188.8.131.52 AEM 6.5, Service Pack 3.0 (184.108.40.206 released December 12, 2019) is an important update that includes key customer fixes released since the general availability of AEM 6.5, April 2019.
- AEM 220.127.116.11AEM 6.4, Service Pack 7.0 (18.104.22.168 released December 12, 2019) is an important update that includes key customer fixes released since the general availability of AEM 6.4, April 2018.
- AEM 22.214.171.124AEM 6.3, Service Pack 3, Cumulative Fix Pack 7 (126.96.36.199 released December 12, 2019) is an important update that includes key customer fixes released since the general availability of AEM 6.3, April 2017.
- AEM Desktop App 188.8.131.52AEM Desktop App 184.108.40.206 provides an update for Single Sign-On with Okta and ability to specify the location of temporary files in Preferences. Support for AEM 6.3.x is deprecated for Desktop App 2.x with this release.
- Adobe Asset Link 1.1 ends support for AEM 6.3.xSupport for AEM 6.3.x has been deprecated in Adobe Asset Link since April 2019. Adobe Asset Link 1.1 removes support for AEM 6.3.x as of January 13, 2020.
- NEW: AEM as a Cloud ServiceAdobe Experience Manager (AEM) is now available as a Cloud Service.
- Automated Forms Conversion ServiceAutomated Forms Conversion Service, the service to automatically convert PDF forms to beautiful mobile-ready HTML Forms, became available for general consumption on December 12, 2019.
- Previewing 3D AssetsAEM 6.5 supports the upload, delivery, and interactive preview of 3D assets as part of the authoring process. The interactive 3D viewer is available from the asset details page in AEM. The viewer includes, among other things, a collection of interactive camera controls that let you orbit, zoom, and pan the 3D asset. See Previewing 3D assets .
- Core ComponentsCore Components 2.8.0, with numerous fixes, is now available along with authoring documentation and developer details and project download available on GitHub .
- AEM Project Archetype
Adobe Campaign provides an intuitive, automated way to deliver one-to-one messages across online and offline marketing channels. You can now anticipate what your clients want using experiences determined by their habits and preferences.
Adobe Campaign Control Panel
We’ve added new capabilities for Admin users to delegate subdomains and renew SSL certificates from Control Panel.
For more information, refer to these pages:
These features will be available in beta by the end of January, and subject to frequent updates and modifications without notice.
Updated February 10, 2020, for February 8 release:
You can now add Yahoo! Japan Display Network (YDN) campaigns to portfolios to optimize the campaign budgets and ad group-level bids. The same bid is applied to all ads in an ad group. Data for YDN campaigns is included in the simulations for the portfolio.
Search > Bulksheets
You can now create, edit, and delete Google responsive search ads (RSAs) using bulksheets. Previously, support was available only through the standard campaign management interface at Search > Campaigns
Search > Campaigns, Reports
The Google Ads prominence metrics “Impr. (Abs. Top) %” and “Impr. (Top) %” are now available in all basic reports and entity-level campaign management views except for those for shopping product groups, in the Campaign Daily Impression Share and Keyword Daily Impression Share reports, and in the labels and constraints views.
Updated for January 11, 2020, release:
All Advertising Cloud cookies were updated to meet new cookie control requirements for Google Chrome 80, which will be released on 4 February. The changes were implemented from Adobe servers using the existing cookies, without any effect on visitor metrics. No advertiser updates are required.
Insights > Alerts Beta, Search > Campaigns
(Beta feature for search accounts only) A new Alerts Beta allows you to create alert templates to identify when any search campaign, ad group, keyword, or ad meets specific conditions — such as performance metrics — during a specified period and then generate an alert. Alerts are available for a single advertiser.
Data for product listing ads is now included in Label Classification, Label Value, Bid Rule, and Constraint reports.