Release Notes - September 2015
New in Analytics: Analysis Workspace enhancements and Timestamps Optional. Group Management in dynamic tag management. Mobile push messaging to Analytics segments, acquisition methods, and postback signals. General fixes and improvements in Marketing Cloud solutions.
Content on this page is published one week in advance of the release date (via the Priority Product Update) and is subject to change at release time. Please check back at release time for updated information. To receive release notes one week prior to the monthly product update, subscribe to the Adobe Priority Product Update .
Release date: September 2015
Marketing Cloud 15.9
New features and fixes in the Adobe Marketing Cloud interface.
Release date: September 10, 2015
Solution administrators, see Users and Groups for important information about mapping solution groups to broader Adobe groups, and bulk-add users in the Enterprise Dashboard .
- Fixed an Audience Manager API performance issue causing intermittent timeouts when uploading customer attributes data. (MAC-26305)
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from adding up to 200 customer attributes to a subscription. (MAC-26188)
- Fixed a previous known issue on the Customer attributes - Edit Schema page that was causing a Content Aware error to be issued when changing a display name. (MAC-25589, AN-103834)
An Audience Library known issue exists that might prevent audience sharing from Analytics segmentation, causing the audience size to perpetually remain at 0 (zero). This issue can occur if the number of audience members exceeds 50,000. As a workaround, Adobe recommends reducing the segment size to under 50,000 audience members. (MAC-25788)
See Marketing Cloud Product Documentation for product help.
Adobe Mobile Services
The September 17, 2015 Mobile Services release includes the following changes:
Push Messaging to Analytics Segments
Sending push messages to Analytics segments from the Mobile Services UI allows you to leverage your robust Analytics data while engaging with users.
Acquisition Tracking Enhancements
Create app store links or QR codes that send users to download applications directly from the Apple App Store and Google Play store. The links you create let you attribute downloads and other success events to the acquisition campaign.
Postbacks let you send data collected by the SDK to a separate third-party server. Leveraging the same triggers and traits you use to display an in-app message, you can configure the SDK to send customized data to a third-party destination.
See Configure Postbacks .
Backdate Session Hits
Added a check box to enable or disable the ability for the Adobe SDK to backdate session info hits.
See Adobe Mobile Services for product documentation. To see the release notes for previous releases, expand Previous Release Notes in the left pane.
Adobe Mobile Services SDK Updates
Universal Windows Platform SDK 4.x for Marketing Cloud Solutions
The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) SDK 4.x for Marketing Cloud Solutions is now available.
This new SDK lets you measure native Windows 10 applications, deliver targeted content within your app, and leverage and collect audience data through Audience Manager.
Android SDK 4.x for Marketing Cloud Solutions
iOS SDK 4.x for Marketing Cloud Solutions
Version 4.6 of both SDKs (Android and iOS) are now available.
Both SDKs include the following enhancements:
Push Messaging to Analytics Segments: Adobe Mobile Services and the Adobe Mobile SDK allow you to send push messages to Analytics segments. The SDK also allows you to easily report users that have opened your app as a result of opening the push message.
Acquisition Methods: Allows developers to start an app acquisition campaign as if the user had clicked a link. This is helpful for creating manual acquisition links and handling the app store redirect yourself.
Postback: Postbacks let you send data collected by the SDK to a separate third-party server. Leveraging the same triggers and traits you use to display an in-app message, you can configure the SDK to send customized data to a third-party destination.
Identifiers: Added the following new identifiers:
WatchKit Support for WatchOS 2 (iOS SDK Only): Added WatchKit support for WatchOS 2.
For more information, see:
Dynamic Tag Management
Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service Tool Update: On September 22, DTM will release an update to the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service tool. The newest library version (1.6.1) will enable improved customer ID support, added support for authenticated state and improved multi-solution integration.
The newest version is completely compatible with current deployments of the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service via DTM. To help all users benefit from this update we will automatically migrate your account to the new Marketing Cloud ID Service library.
As a result of this migration you will see added functionality to your Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service tool in DTM. We suggest that you test this update in your staging environment before publishing.
The DTM team strives to add value for our customers, and we are confident that you will see this realized in the update to the Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service tool.
Amazon S3 Deprecation: Adobe has deprecated the use of Amazon S3 as a DTM library hosting option.
Adobe will no longer support Amazon S3. Your dynamic tag management libraries on Amazon S3 will continue to be served until December 31, 2015, but in a read-only state. Any changes made in dynamic tag management will no longer be reflected in these files.
To deploy additional changes to your site after July 31, 2015, you must select one of our other hosting options. Self-hosting (FTP Delivery or Library Download) is always the suggested best practice, but our 3rd-party Akamai hosting is a world-class option as well.
The September 3, 2015 dynamic tag management release includes the following changes:
Group management makes it easy to organize users and control their access levels. Permissions are set at the user group level, so all users in the group inherit the group permissions, including access to properties.
See Create and Manage Groups .
Fixes and Enhancements:
- Improved the deployment of the satellite library (2-5 times speed increase). Customers with many rules or who are deploying many third-party tags will greatly benefit from these changes.
- Improved the upload speed to Akamai (up to 5 times faster).
- Improved the load speed (2 times faster) for all rule listing pages.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some pages from loading in Internet Explorer (users received a pop-up error message).
See What's New in Dynamic Tag Management for current and cumulative release notes, help, and documentation updates.
In January 2016, Adobe will disable SSL v3 protocol support for security purposes, and end SSL v3 traffic for Adobe Analytics data collection. Adobe will be reaching out to customers that are significantly impacted by this action soon.
New Features in Analytics
The September 17, 2015 Analytics release includes the following changes:
Previously in public beta, Analysis Workspace is now a full-fledged capability within Adobe Analytics. Derive insights faster and more flexibly than ever before, with drag-and-drop analytics, flexible layout, and powerful interactive visualizations. Save and reuse customizable projects.
Note: Before creating or curating an Analysis Workspace project, administrators must add you to a group with the Create / Curate Projects in Analysis Workspace permission enabled, or to the All Report Access user group. ( Admin Tools > Groups ).
You can now integrate both timestamped and non-timestamped data in a report suite.
Timestamps Optional is the default setting for all new report suites generated from a template. (New report suites copied from an existing report suite will inherit timestamp settings from the original report suite.)
See Timestamps Optional in Admin Tools help.
Video Analytics Improvements
Federated Analytics: Federated Analytics is an Adobe Video Analytics feature allowing standardized cross-platform sharing of video data, governed by rules/logic, between partners. The sharer is able to control the data, down to an individual video level, that will be shared during each video playback. The receiver can specify where the data should be sent, within Adobe, based on defined triggers.
See Federated Analytics .
OTT (Over-the-Top) Analytics: Adobe Video Analytics provides standardized measurement of both video and apps for OTT devices. New OTT SDKs include:
Quality of Experience (QoE) Metrics: The Adobe Video Analytics SDK collects approximately 20 Quality of Experience metrics, including buffering, bitrates, and errors to track how video quality impacts key engagement metrics like time spent, videos per visit, ads per video, and so forth.
|Data Workbench 6.5||A new Associations Table and other features added to the new Data Workbench 6.5 release .|
|Data Warehouse Improvement|
Added a checkbox option to the Data Warehouse UI that allows you to "Sort output by metric."
Checking this box means that output is sorted based on the order of the metric columns as selected in the report preview. Metrics are sorted in descending order. More... (AN-100771)
|Permissions changes in Segment Builder and Calculated Metrics Builder|
The Admin user can limit which users can create new segments or new calculated metrics.
By default, all users can create segments or calculated metrics. More...
|Changes to the Searches metric||The Searches metric now includes data generated on linkTrack hits, which increases this metric's accuracy. Any hit type (page view, video view, link click, etc.) can now increment the Searches metric, as long as it is the first hit of the visit. This change affects how the Searches metric is calculated.|
Reports & Analytics Fixes
- Fixed an issue that prevented the provisioning of 100 eVars and 1,000 events. (AN-107899)
- Fixed an issue that prevented two advanced functions from appearing in the Calculated Metric Builder: Cumulative and Cumulative Average. (AN-108072)
- Fixed an issue that prevented Custom eVars from being shown in the Reports menu. (AN-107387)
- Fixed an issue where a graph in a PDF-downloaded Targets report did not match the graph in the web interface. (AN-107389)
- Fixed an issue that prevented some publishing widgets from being displayed. (AN-101551)
- Fixed an issue that caused the numbers on the time axis in normalized trended reports to not line up with the dotted lines. (AN-99445)
- Fixed an issue that occurred after creating a user group in Reports & Analytics and selecting it as the default user group. The attempt to change the default group back to None failed with an error message. (AN-108270)
- Fixed an issue that prevented Visitor Profile > Customer Attributes reports from showing up in the menu. (AN-106265)
- Fixed an issue that caused users’ screens to be greyed out after logging in to Analytics, when there was no graph present on the landing page. (AN-105470)
- Fixed an issue with Adobe Advertising Cloud data feeds. (AN-106116)
- Updated our search engine detection logic to count encrypted traffic from Bing as “keyword unavailable”. (AN-106209)
- Fixed a segmentation issue that occurred when nesting containers within containers, causing data to be included when it should be excluded. For example, the issue occurred when there were two containers nested (using visitors/visits/hits), and you wanted to exclude visits where the visit number (hit depth) is greater than one. If the outer container had one container within the date range and one outside of the date range, visitors would be counted if they qualified in either container. (AN-107936)
Data Workbench Fixes
- Previously, the CRS Attribute type was not validated if the attribute type matched the data type of an existing customer attribute with the same name. Now, the Attribute type is matched and an error is thrown in the CRS logs if there is a mismatch in attribute types.
Ad Hoc Analysis Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused calculated metrics with very large or very small static numbers to load improperly. (AN-106886)
Data Warehouse Fixes
- Fixed an issue where breakdown dimensions with multiple values on one hit were not separated into separate line items when participation metrics were present. (AN-106762)
- Fixed an issue with non-participation metrics being placed on the wrong line item after a leading participation metric had its output row creation capped at 100 rows. (AN-107866)
AppMeasurement and Mobile SDKs
Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service
- Fixed a bug in the Safari browser that prevented synchronization services from functioning when users blocked third-party cookies. (AAM-20764)
- Calls to the Visitor ID Service now include the version ID in the d_visid_ver= parameter. The returned ID helps support teams with troubleshooting and support issues. (AAM-20824)
- Inclusion of Visitor API 1.5.2
- Inclusion of Visitor API 1.5.2
AppMeasurement for Other Platforms
See AppMeasurement Release History the following for a release history of AppMeasurement on the following platforms:
- Windows Phone, XBOX, Silverlight, and .NET
Addressable Audiences shows you the overlap (match rate) between your segments and a destination for the last 60-days. It displays results with a data visualization and numeric metrics. Overlap data appears in the Basic Information section of a destination and when sending segments to a destination. Addressable Audiences is available automatically and returns data for server-to-server destinations only.
Note: At launch (9/29), Addressable Audience will:
Fixes, Enhancements, and Deprecations
- Fixed an Audience Marketplace bug that double counted revenue in the My Shared Data list. (AAM-20200, AAM-20852)
- Fixed an Audience Marketplace bug that incorrectly showed a "no usage" warning icon for flat-fee data feed subscriptions. (AAM-20850)
- Fixed a misspelled label on the Create a Profile Merge Rule page. (AAM-20920)
- Fixed a bug in that prevented you from downloading reports in .csv format. (AAM-20940, AAM-20839)
- In the Formats section of the internal admin tool, increased the character count of the data row field to > 255 characters. (AAM-20768)
New and Revised Documentation
- New documentation describes how to use metadata files to replace numeric IDs with human-readable text in the Advertising Analytics reports. See Data and Metadata Files for Advertising Analytics Reports .
- Revised Capturing Campaign Data Impression Data via Pixel Calls to include new key-value pairs required by the Advertising Analytics reports.
- Revised Capturing Campaign Click Data via Pixel Calls to include new key-value pairs required by the Advertising Analytics reports.
Added @mentions functionality to Facebook posts created in Publish Anywhere.
See Facebook @mentions .
Fixes and Enhancements
This Social release focuses on improved performance, scalability, usability, and reliability. More than 75 back-end fixes and enhancements address these areas. The fixes highlighted below describe resolutions for the more important customer-reported issues.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused targeting information to not display in the targeting drop-down list.
- Fixed an issue that caused post scheduling to sometimes fail when using the Social UI in Japanese.
- Fixed an issue that caused some LinkedIn posts fail due to re-authorization issues.
- Fixed an issue that infrequently prevented users from re-authorizing properties and adding new properties.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from deleting pending tweets in the Content Calendar.
Refer to the Adobe Target Release Notes for the latest release information about the following products:
- Target Standard and Premium
- Target Classic
- Recommendations Classic Advertising Management help is available in the product at Help > Help Contents . Adobe Campaign provides an intuitive, automated way to deliver one-to-one messages across online and offline marketing channels. You can now anticipate what your clients want using experiences determined by their habits and preferences.
For product documentation, see:
Adobe Experience Manager is an enterprise web content management system that lets you author, manage, develop, and publish your web sites.
For product documentation, see:
- Release notes: Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 Release Notes
- Help home: Adobe Experience Manager Help Home
- Scene7 Publishing System: Scene7 Publishing System Release Notes
- AEM Assets on Demand: Release Notes
(Updated) Users and Groups
September 17, 2015
Updated Analysis Workspace product documentation with feature descriptions, tasks for creating projects, videos, and use cases.
September 17, 2015
Added product documentation and best practices for Timestamps Optional. This feature lets you integrate both timestamped and non-timestamped data in a report suite. All new report suites will be Timestamps Optional by default.
September 17, 2015
|Data Workbench 6.5 Update||See Data Workbench 6.5 release notes for instructions to upgrade and a list of new features and bug fixes, including a new Associations table and chord diagram and updates to visualizations, user interface, algorithms, and export features.||September 17, 2015|
Updated the Classification Rule Builder so that you add report suites and variables to a rule set when editing an existing rule set (after creating the rule set). Previously, you specified the variable and report suite while creating the rule set. This change prevents reported issues occurring with classification variables.
August 20, 2015
Profile Link works with cross-device data sources to identify and collect traits for authenticated site visitors. It includes the Profile Merge Rules feature, which lets you segment and target users accurately across multiple devices.
August 20, 2015
|New Calculated Metric Builder and Calculated Metric Manager|
Calculated Metrics now allow for segmented metrics, more advanced math and the ability to organize and share metrics.
June 18, 2015
Freeform Analysis (public beta)
A feature in Analysis Workspace, freeform analysis lets you built data tables and drag-and-drop metrics, dimensions, segments, and multiple visualizations to a project panel.
June 18, 2015
|Data Workbench 6.4|
Data Workbench 6.4 release includes several new features described here .
June 18, 2015
Added Adobe Managed Certificate Program to the revamped First-Party Cookies product documentation.
The managed certificate program lets you implement a new first-party SSL certificate for first-party cookies at no additional cost.
May 22, 2015
Revamped the Adobe Mobile product documentation.
May 22, 2015
A high-level round-up what you need to do to modernize your solution implementations for core services.
March 19, 2015
If you capture enterprise customer data in a customer relationship management (CRM) database, you can upload that data into the Marketing Cloud.
March 19, 2015
|Analytics Spring Release|
See the New Features section in Analytics for a round-up of new documentation for the Spring 2015 Analytics release.
March 19, 2015
Analytics Classification Rules - overwrite existing values
In Admin Tools > Classification Rule Builder > <rule set name> , two new options enable you to select an overwrite mode:
Previously, if a key was already classified in any column or cell, the rule would not run on that key, and the row in the table was skipped.
February 19, 2015