Search&Promote 8.9.4 Release Notes (01/17/2013)
New features and enhancements
Added the ability to create inline notes when you create Query Cleaning Rules, Pre-Search Rules, and Post-Search Rules. The notes field lets you document and explain the rules.
See About Pre-Search Rules .
See About Post-Search Rules .
Added Guided Search tags to indicate the total time that a search took.
<guided-search-time> - Identifies how long the search took. The returned search time value is specified in ms.
<guided-fall-through-searches> - Returns the count of cores searches that are used to build the page of search results.
<guided-if-fall-through-search> - Tests if the count of core searches is greater than 1.
See also Miscellaneous Language in Presentation template tags .
- The Terms Report now ignores the asterisk character.
- Open Reports > Null Search Terms Report, select a time slot and then view the report. Clicked one word in the report to open the search, and then click View Report again. The search count of the keyword you clicked increased twice. This is now fixed.
- A performance optimization was made for when you push Business Rules live.See About Business Rules .
- The ability to remove in Breadcrumbs did not work all the time.See About Breadcrumbs .
- Unless you used Regenerate, the Re-rank feature did not allow any changed Ranking Rules to take effect in search results.See About Ranking Rules .See About Re-Rank Index .