The Competitor Analytics reports lets you see how the Facebook pages of your designated competitors compare to your owned Facebook pages. You can view metrics for Total Page Likes, New Page Likes, Post Engagements, and New Posts during the specified time period.
Social starts collecting data for competitors' pages after you add them to Social. You cannot backfill data. Data is updated from Facebook hourly. For information about adding competitors, see Competitor Pages.
At this time, competitor data is collected for public Facebook pages and posts only. Competitor analytics is not available for pages that are not publicly accessible. Examples of Facebook pages that might not be publicly accessible include pages promoting gambling, alcoholic beverages, or other adult products. These pages might have age restrictions or user-validation methods that prevent Social from collecting competitor data. Also note that the Facebook API provides data for non-targeted posts only (posts that have not been targeted using geo or demographic data).
- In the left navigation menu, click Analytics > Competitor Analytics.If the left navigation menu is not displayed, click .
- (Optional) Click the Calendar icon ( ) to specify the date range for the report.For more information about working with the calendar, see Adjusting the Reporting Date Range.
- Access the filter options by clicking .You can filter the report by the following:Page Groups: Select one or more page group from the drop-down list.Pages (Owned): Select one or more owned page from the drop-down list.Pages (Competitor): Select the Only Competitor Pages option to display only pages from all of your designated competitors. Selecting this option removes any owned pages that you might have added to the filter.OrSelect one or more designated competitors from the drop-down list.Note that you can include your own pages in the filter. This feature lets you compare your page directly with your competitor's page. For example, if you want to do a page-to-page comparison of your Facebook page and one of your competitor's pages, you can add those two pages to the filter for display in the graph.
- View the desired section.Post Engagements (Public): Contains a line chart that displays your top competitors and their corresponding number of engagements (Likes and Comments) for public, non-targeted posts on that page. You can also view the total number of engagements for all of your designated competitors.The individual lines on the chart are color coded. Mouse over any data point to see statistics for specific dates.The table displays the name of all competitors' pages and information about the default metrics, although you can change which metrics display:The available metrics depend on the platform. Click to select different metrics. You can drag and drop the metrics into the desired order in the Metrics dialog box, which dictates the order of the columns in each platform's section. Hover over any column title for a short description of that metric and how it is calculated.
- (Optional) To download the data in an Excel file, click .Data exports mirror any filters set in the Competitor Analytics report (time period, competitors, etc.) instead of an unfiltered dump of all competitor data.
- (Optional) To send report data in an Excel file to one or more email addresses, click .For more information, see Schedule and Send Reports Via Email.