Create an Audience
Create an audience to use in publishing and moderation tasks.
- Click Settings > Facebook Audiences.
- Click .
- In the Audience Name field, specify a descriptive name for the audience.
- From the Target Properties drop-down list, select an option:
- Facebook Pages: For content posting, lets you post content to the Wall of a single Facebook page that you manage. For content moderation, lets you create a moderation feed that displays only content posted by users of an audience who post content to a Facebook page.
- Page Groups: For content posting, lets you post content simultaneously to a group of Facebook pages or to a collection of Like nodes on the Facebook Open Graph. This option lets you post to every page or node in that group or collection. A Like node is a virtual collection of anyone who has clicked a Facebook Like button outside of Facebook (for example, on a web page or display advertisement). Using this option, you can further communicate with every Facebook user who has clicked one of your Like buttons. For more information, see Page Groups. For content moderation, lets you create a moderation feed that displays only content posted to a collection of Like nodes.
- (Optional) From the Access Rights drop-down list, select the user or user group that can use this audience when creating and configuring posts.As best practice, ownership should be a user group rather than an individual.For example, you might have a group for administrators, another group for marketers, and another group for application builders.
- (Optional) In the Countries box, start typing the name of the desired country, then select the country from the list. You can then choose to post the content to everywhere in that country or to a specific state or city. You can select multiple locations and languages for the same audience.
- (Optional) In the Languages box, start typing the name of the desired language, then select the language from the list. This option lets post the content to only fans in the selected geographic location who speak the specified language.Language is based on what fans specify as their language on their Facebook profiles. You can target by language without using location targeting.
- Fill in the fields in the Demographics section to specify demographic targeting options:Age: Use the age pointers to specify the target age range. Be aware that Facebook does not permit certain types of advertising to minors. For example, you cannot advertise alcoholic beverages to people in the 13-18 year-old range.Gender: Select All, Male, or Female.
- Fill in the fields in the Education section to specify educational targeting options:Education Level: Select All, In High School, In College, or College Alumni. If you select In College or College Alumni, additional options display.College: Specify one or more target colleges.College Major: Specify one or more college majors.
- Fill in the fields in the Advanced section to specify advanced targeting options:Relationship Status: Select one or more relationship statuses: Single, In Relationship, Married, Engaged, or Not Specified.Interested In: Select All, Male, or Female.Workplace: Select one or more target workplaces.
- Click Save.