Overview of Recommendations Implementation and How to Plan for using Recommendations
Unlike other types of personalization and testing, Recommendations requires more upfront planning and implementation work. This lesson reviews the major components of Target implementations and various options you can use.
We’re going to start by creating your first Recommendations Activity. A Recommendations Activity is a way of linking together answers to the following questions:
- Where should recommendations be shown? (The selected Activity URL and page elements)
- Which set of items should recommendations be chosen from? (The selected Collection)
- How should Target choose the items to be recommended? (The selected Criteria)
- Who should see your Recommendations? (The selected Audience)
- What content should Target display about the recommended items? (The selected Design)
At the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Plan for a successful recommendations program
You should have already completed the lessons in .