Create an Experience Targeting activity
Use the Visual Experience Composer to create an Experience Targeting activity on a Target-enabled page and to modify portions of the page within Target.
- From the Activities list, click Create Activity > Experience Targeting.The available activity types depend on your Target account. Some activity types might not appear in your list.For information about the activity types, see Activities.
- Enter your activity URL, then click Next.If your account is configured with a default URL, that URL appears by default. You can change from the default to another URL.For troubleshooting information about the VEC, should you have problems, see Troubleshooting the Visual Experience Composer.If you prefer to use the form-based Experience Composer, select that option. See Form-Based Experience Composer.The Visual Experience Composer opens, showing the page specified in the URL.
- Type a name for the activity in the space provided.The following characters are not allowed in an activity name:CharacterDescription/Forward slash?Question mark#Number sign:Colon=Equals to+Plus-Minus@At sign
- Click Next.The flow diagram opens.The flow diagram leads you through the steps of choosing the audience for the activity and setting up experiences.
- Mouse over the audience, click the Edit icon (three vertical ellipses) that displays, click Change Audience, then select the audience for the first experience in your activity.The audience library appears. The audience library contains audiences that have previously been defined, including some common audiences that are pre-built as a part of Target. You can either select an audience from the library, or create a new audience. To show the same experience to all entrants, choose All Visitors.In addition to selecting an existing audience, you can combine multiple audiences to create ad hoc combined audiences rather than creating a new audience. For more information, see Combining Multiple Audiences.When creating an audience, you can select a location (mbox) and specify parameters for that location. Under Custom Parameters, select the mbox, then specify the desired parameters.Audiences are automatically imported in the background when you open the audience list and the imported audiences are more than 10 minutes old.You can click the Edit icon (three vertical ellipses) that displays, then click Remove Audience to remove an existing audience.
- Click Add Experience Targeting.If you are targeting an experience to an audience, you must select the audience before you can add an experience. A message appears to remind you to choose your audience.
- (Optional) Click Add and set up additional targeted experiences.Click Continue when you are finished with this step.
- Specify the goals and settings for the activity.
- Click Save & Close.