Create an Experience Targeting activity
Use the Visual Experience Composer (VEC) to create an Experience Targeting (XT) activity on a Target-enabled page and to modify portions of the page within Adobe Target.
Experience Targeting (XT) delivers content to a specific audience based on a set of marketer-defined rules and criteria.
Experience Targeting, including geo-targeting , is valuable for defining rules that target a specific experience or content to a particular audience. Several rules can be defined in an activity to deliver different content variations to different audiences.
For more information about Experience Targeting, a use-case scenario, and training videos, see Experience Targeting .
To create an XT activity:
- From the Activities list, click Create Activity > Experience Targeting .The available activity types depend on your Target account. Some activity types might not appear in your list. For example, Automated Personalization is a Target Premium feature .
- Select Visual (Default) , if necessary.If you prefer to use the Form-Based Experience Composer, select Form. See Form-Based Experience Composer for more information.In addition to the VEC and Form-Based Experience Composer, Target offers the Single Page Application VEC and the VEC for Mobile Apps. For more information about the various composers, see Experiences and Offers .For troubleshooting information about the VEC, should you have problems, see Troubleshooting the Visual Experience Composer .The Choose Workplace option in the preceding illustration is a Target Premium feature. Your organization has a Target Standard license if you do not see this option.]
- (Conditional) If you are a Target Premium customer, choose a workspace .
- Specify your activity URL , then click Next .If your account is configured with a default URL , that URL appears by default. You can change from the default to another URL, if necessary.The VEC opens, showing the page specified in the URL.
- Type a name for the activity in the space provided.The following characters are not allowed in an activity name:CharacterDescription/Forward slash?Question mark#Number sign:Colon=Equals to+Plus-Minus@At sign
- Create new experiences targeted to difference audiences.For step-by-step instructions, see Add experience .
- Specify the goals and settings for the activity.