Create a Multivariate Test
The Visual Experience Composer in Target makes it easy to create your test right on a Target-enabled page and to modify portions of the page within Target.
The Target point-and-click editor enables you to pick any location and add multiple offers.
The multivariate test takes a page-first report. In other words, the test runs on a specific URL, with the experiences you design for that page.
- Click Create Activity > Multivariate Test.
- Specify the URL for the page you want to test, then click Create Activity.Use a complete URL, including the HTTP or HTTPS at the beginning.If a message appears, asking you to enable your browser for mixed content, follow the instructions in the message. After enabling your browser for mixed content, begin again at Step 1.The Visual Experience Composer opens.For troubleshooting information about the VEC, should you have problems, see Troubleshooting the Visual Experience Composer.
- Type a name for the activity.The following characters are not allowed in an activity name:CharacterDescription/Forward slash?Question mark#Number sign:Colon=Equals to+Plus-Minus@At sign
- You can add the following kinds of offers:
- You can view each experience, and exclude any you do not want to include in your test.
- Use the Traffic Estimator to test the feasibility of your test plan.
- Choose the audience and percentage of qualifying visitors that you want to enter the activity.For example, you might limit entries to 50% of all visitors or 45% of your "Californians" audience.In addition to selecting an existing audience, you can combine multiple audiences to create ad hoc combined audiences rather than creating a new audience. For more information, see Combining Multiple Audiences.
- Review the test summary and make any desired changes, then click Next..
- Specify the goals and settings for the test.
- Click Save and Close to create the activity.
Training video: Creating Multivariate Tests (9:25)
This video demonstrates how to plan and create a multivariate test using the Target three-step guided workflow.
- Define and design a multivariate test
- Create a multivariate test