You can add users and manage their permissions in the Adobe Admin Console.
Properties and Permissions functionality is available as part of the Target Premium solution. They are not available in Target Standard without a Target Premium license. You can tell whether your organization has a Standard or Premium license by clicking the Setup link at the top of the Target UI.
Target Standard Customers : If you see the Users tab (Setup > Users), your organization has a Target Standard license. [Target Standard customers should follow the instructions in this article to add users and assign permissions in the Adobe Admin Console.
Target Premium Customers : If you see the Properties tab (Setup > Properties), your organization has a Target Premium license. Target Premium customers should follow the instructions in Enterprise user permissions and Configure enterprise permissions to add users and assign permissions in the Adobe Admin Console.
Only system admin users can add users and manage their permissions. The system admin role is assigned at the Experience Cloud level. Experience Cloud roles are separate from the roles managed in each solution.
When you get started with Adobe Target, you will find IDs (ending in Adobe.com) pre-populated in your Adobe Experience Cloud account. These IDs are for members of Adobe teams so that they can assist you with your new account and with your use of Adobe Target, should you need help. To get assistance, reach out to your Adobe teams in the usual way.
You will not see the new user listed on the Users page until the user logs in using his or her Adobe Experience Cloud account and then logs in to Target Standard/Premium by clicking the Target card.
By default all Target users start with observer permissions.
System admin users are identified in the Users list. Contact one of those system admin users if you need your access level changed.
Access the Adobe Admin Console
For tasks performed in the Adobe Admin Console, access the console by following these steps:
- Go to https://adminconsole.adobe.com/enterprise/ > sign in using your Adobe ID, if you have not already logged in.OrIf you are already logged in to the Experience Cloud, go to https://www.experiencecloud.adobe.com , then click the App icon in the top navigation bar > click Admin on the right side.
- (Conditional) If you have access to the Admin Console for Enterprise for more than one organization, click the user avatar in the right corner or the top navigation bar, then select the desired organization.
All user management must be performed in the Adobe Admin Console for Enterprise. However, all of your existing users in Target will be migrated from Target to the Admin Console for Enterprise.
Create User Groups
You can create user groups, such as Developers, Analysts, Marketers, Executives, etc., and then assign privileges across multiple Adobe products and workspaces. Assigning a new team member all the appropriate privileges across different Adobe products can be as easy as adding them to a specific user group.
Specify Roles and Permissions
Only system admins can set user roles in Target. For example, a Standard approver user cannot change an observer to an approver, without also having Experience Cloud Admin rights.
System admin users must add users to the system. Users are not automatically added. They are invited by email from the Experience Cloud and must confirm their email addresses before their accounts are registered.
- In the Admin Console , click Products , then select the name of the desired product.
- Click the name of the desired configuration.
- Click Users .The Users tab displays all of the users in that workspace.
- Select the desired permissions role (Observer, Editor, or Approver) by using the drop-down list for each user in the Product Role column.RoleDescriptionObserverCan view activities, but cannot create or edit them.EditorCan create and edit activities before they are live, but cannot approve the launch of an activity.ApproverCan create, edit, and activate or stop activities.
For more information, see Manage Product Permissions and Roles in the Admin Console in the Enterprise User Guide .
Training video: How to Configure Target Workspaces
- Access the Adobe Admin Console from the Adobe Target interface (three ways)
- Configure a workspace in the Adobe Admin Console
- Add users to workspaces
- Add properties to workspaces
- Understand default workspaces