Administrator first steps
This section contains the first steps Target administrators should take after receiving the emailed invitation to the Adobe Experience Cloud.
Get invited to Target
A System Administrator in the Adobe Admin Console must add you as a user in Target by inviting you to join. The System Administrator should then add you to one or more role-specific groups. Both of these tasks are performed in the Adobe Admin Console.
For more information, see Manage Experience Cloud users and products in the Experience Cloud and Core Services help.
You will receive an invitation email after the System Administrator has performed these steps.
Accept the invitation
After receiving the invitation to join the Adobe Experience Cloud, accept the invitation, log in, and accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Accept the invitation to the Adobe Experience Cloud.
- If you do not already have an Adobe ID, you are prompted to create one.If you do have an Adobe ID, then your Adobe ID is recognized and you are prompted to sign in.
- Review the summary of what you have done so far, then click Continue to Experience Cloud.
- Sign in to the Adobe Experience Cloud and click Link Account.If you do not link your account, you will not be able to access Target.All Experience Cloud products appear on the linking page. Click Link Test&Target and enter your Test&Target username and password to access Standard and Classic.
- Click Continue to Experience Cloud.At this point, you do not yet have any groups set up with entitlements for you to link.
- If desired, watch the video introducing you to the Adobe Experience Cloud.
- To see your new privileges and access the product, sign out of Adobe Experience Cloud, then sign back in.
- Continue to the next step, assigning yourself the Approver role.
Assign yourself the Approver role
After accepting the invitation to join the Adobe Experience Cloud and logging in, confirm that Target has been added to your Experience Cloud account, then assign yourself the Approver role for Target.
If your organization has a Target Premium license, see Step 6: Specify roles and permissions in Configure enterprise permissions.
Your next step should be to set up users in Target Standard and Target Premium. For more information, see User management.