Target users based on pre-built targeting rules.
The pre-built audiences in the Target Library category are legacy audiences and exist in other categories. For more information and best practices, see Targets and Audiences Frequently Asked Questions .
Target Classic used expression targets to let you create sophisticated targets once and then use them repeatedly in different activities, experiences, and so on. This functionality is not included in Target Standard/Premium.
- In the Target interface, click Audiences > Create Audience .
- Name the audience.
- Click Add Rule > Target Library .
- Click Select , then select a pre-built targeting rule.Pre-built targeting rules include, Window Operating System, Tablet Device, Safari Browser, Returning Visitors, Referred from Google, and more.The predefined audience "Tablet Device" already qualifies when the user agent contains one of the following strings (some of which are model numbers of devices). You do not have to create custom targeting rules for these devices.Kindle, Silk, iPad, Sony Tablet, TF101, GT-P1000, GT-P1000R, GT-P1000M, SGH-T849, SHW-M180S, GT-I9000T, BNTV250, and Tablet PC.
- (Optional) Click Add Rule and set up additional rules for the audience.
- Click Save .
Training video: Creating Audiences
This video includes information about using audience categories.
- Create audiences
- Define audience categories