Profile API settings
Enable or disable authentication for batch updates via Adobe Target APIs and generate a profile authentication token.
Adobe Target creates and maintains a profile for every individual user. This profile is stored on the Target edge cluster and is updated in real time after every visit; however, you can update a profile individually or in bulk via API.
For added security, you can require that the Bulk Update API call require a valid access token to be passed in the header of the request.
To require authentication and to generate an access token using the Target UI:
- Click Administration > Implementation .
- Under Profile API slide the Require Authentication toggle to the enabled or disabled position.
- (Conditional) If you enabled authentication requirements, click Generate New Profile Authentication Token .The token expires according to the time listed in the Expires In box.You must have one of the following user permissions to generate an authentication token:
- At least Editor permission (or Approver)
- Admin role on the workspace/product profile levelWorkspaces are available to Target Premium customers only. For more information, see Configure enterprise permissions .
- Admin Rights (Sysadmin permission) on the Adobe Target product level
- Copy the token and include it in the header of the request in the format: "Authorization" : "Bearer "
Click Generate New Profile Authentication Token to regenerate the token as needed.
Resetting this token will cause API calls using the current token to fail. This will require updating any scripts or apps that use this token.