Use a Global mbox from a Legacy Implementation
By default, Target Standard creates a global mbox called target-global-mbox, which is used to run activities created in Target Standard. However, if you have already created a global mbox on your pages for your legacy implementations, you can use that mbox for your Target Standard activities.
You can have only one global mbox per account.
To use your existing global mbox for both Target Standard and your legacy implementation, you must set a few parameters.
- Go to Target Standard, then click Setup > Implementation .By default, Auto Create Global Mbox is enabled, and the custom global mbox is named target-global-mbox .
- If you want to use an existing mbox, disable Auto Create Global Mbox, and specify the name of a previously created global mbox in the Custom Global Mbox field.The Custom Global Mbox drop-down lists all mboxes in your account. If you want to use an mbox that does not yet exist, create the mbox in Target Classic.
- Click Save .The mbox.js settings for your account are updated.
- Download the new mbox.js file and reference it on your site.After you've updated your production site with the new mbox.js file, you are ready to set your preferences.
- Click Setup > Preferences .
- In the Custom Global Mbox field, specify the name of the global mbox you selected on the Implementation page.
- Click Submit .All existing activities update to use the specified global mbox, including activities that have previously been created and implemented. Troubleshooting Global Mbox Implementation Why is the global mbox not loading, or why is there latency in loading the global mbox when the page loads?