Email: implement Target
An AdBox is useful for sites that do not have at.js or mbox.js, such as affiliates. If your activity needs dynamic creative (for example, you need to show a product in the ad that was abandoned in the cart), you cannot use an AdBox.
AdBox ads and Redirector can be used with any kind of activity. The following table compares Adbox and Redirector, and when to use each:
When To Use
Returns different images to the ad
To change the content of an ad
URL for an image
Redirects a visitor to a different web page
To change the landing page of an ad
URL for a page
- There is no client-side timeout as with standard mboxes. If Target is completely down, visitors to the ad will not see content, not even default.
- 3rd-party cookies are used to track the visits. If the PCIds are different, by default the visitor's 3rd party is merged with any existing 1st-party profiles.
- To use 1st-party cookies on the AdBox itself, you will need to pass the mBox session in the URL. Talk to your account representative to do this.
- To use 1st-party cookies to track ad clicks, pass the mbox session in the URL. Talk to your account representative to do this.
- To use more than one AdBox on the same page, you must pass the Mbox session in the URL. Talk to your account representative to do this. You might have one AdBox and one Redirector link on the same page (because the Redirector is actually on a second page).