Downloading data in a CSV file
Download data in a .csv format for quick import into Excel, Access, or other data analysis programs.
To download data in a CSV file:
- Click Activities , then click the desired activity from the list.If you have many activities, you can filter the list by selecting options from the Type, Status, Reporting Source, Experience Composer, Metrics Type, and Activity Source drop-down lists.
- Click the Reports tab.
- Click the Download icon, then select a report type to download for analysis in Excel and other tools.
- Export Reports to CSV
- Export Order Details to CSV
Export Report to CSV
The Success Metrics report shows you information about your success metrics, as well as the following metrics that are not available in the Target UI:
- Mean time to conversion in hours, so you can see how long it takes the average visitor to reach the conversion point
- Sum of revenues, squared, for offline statistical confidence calculations
Data is saved until the end of the activity.
The CSV report includes only raw data and does not include calculated metrics such as revenue per visitor, lift, or confidence used for A/B tests. To calculate these calculated metrics, download the Target's Complete Confidence Calculator Excel file to input the activity's value, or review the statistical calculations used by Target .
Export Order Details to CSV
The Order Details report (known as the Audit report in Target Classic) shows you information about your orders, including:
- Order date and time
- Order amount (if you inserted a Place Order mbox)The Order Details report works only if you have orders.
- Order flag (duplicate or extreme orders)An order is flagged as extreme if it is more than +/- 3 standard deviations from the average order value using the last month of data (up to the point in time in which the calculation was made). An activity will have its extreme orders excluded once the activity has run for an hour or until after 15 orders, whichever comes first. For more information, see Excluding Extreme Orders .
- Product IDThe total length of product IDs, concatenated with commas, should not exceed 255 characters or the IDs will not display properly in the report. For example, if your order had products with IDs "aa, bb" then the total length is "aa,bb" = 5.
- ExperienceIn the Order Details report for A/B Test, Experience Targeting (XT), and Multivariate Test (MVT) activities, the Experience column contains the experience localId . This is the value output from the $campaign.recipe.id in offer tokens.There is not an Experience column for Automated Personalization (AP) activities. The current Algorithm Name column has been replaced with "Control" versus "Targeted" terminology, as shown elsewhere in Target.There was no impact on Recommendations activities.
- Order report data includes four weeks of data for the default environment (host group) and two weeks for all non-default environments.
- Revenue metrics that are set to "Increment count and keep the user in the activity" log order details only for the first order made by the same visitor. All subsequent orders increase conversion count, but will not add revenue to RPV/AOV/Sales, and will not be included in the Order Details report.
- In order to record an order record, the orderTotal parameter must be passed.
- Values passed via the ProductPurchasedId mbox parameter are listed in the Order Details report.
- Best practice is to include an orderID as well as an orderTotal . This allows duplicate orders to automatically be ignored.
The following information applies to the Download option:
- You can download both reports for A/B Test, Automated Personalization, Experience Targeting, and Multivariate activities. You cannot download the Success Metrics report for Recommendation activities.
- The Download option is not available for A/B and Experience Targeting activities created before Target version 15.7.1 (July, 2015).
- Experiences with no associated data are not recorded in the downloaded report.
- Audiences applied in the Target reporting UI do not carry over to the download report.