What is AEM Screens?
AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) Screens - a Digital Signage Solution that allows you to publish dynamic and interactive digital experiences and interactions involving different types of screens in conjunction with a comprehensive digital marketing platform.
Get up and running with a simple digital signage experience, using Kickstart for AEM Screens .
AEM Screens is built on the solid foundation of AEM Sites and enables marketers and IT personnel to create and manage experiences on multiple digital screens that impact in-store/in-venue goals for building brand and driving demand. Integration of AEM Screens with Sites allows you to re-use already existing content and effectively deliver a coherent and consistent customer solution. This provides a streamlined workflow to create dedicated digital experiences that are highly cost-effective and usable. It further helps to influence brand perception and impact decisions leading to upliftment in purchase and engagement.
AEM Screens is a powerful web-based solution that allows you to create dedicated digital menu boards, product recommenders, background lifestyle imagery to expand customer interaction and deliver unified and useful brand experiences into physical venues, such as stores, hotels, banks, healthcare and educational institutions, and many more - from the same AEM platform. Screens provide many unique applications such as interactive displays, wayfinding, branding, and adding ambience to your environment for customers and employees based on the domain where these are deployed.
Creating and managing an application using AEM Screens is simple and intuitive. An application hosts web pages built for AEM Screens by customers or implementation partners. Locations manage pre-defined hierarchy and contains displays . Each display has a dashboard that shows different devices and screens attached. Content for AEM Screens is managed in channels . AEM Screens Player renders content present within channels onto displays.
To understand the key terminologies associated with AEM Screens, see Glossary .
Architecture of Screens Player
The following diagram shows the general architecture of an AEM Screens player:
Create a Digital Signage Experience in 5 minutes
To create a demo Screens project and publish your content in Screens player, see Kickstart for AEM Screens .
Starting a New AEM Screens Project
Starting a new digital signage experience requires a cohesion of roles before it is ready for consumption. The following roles provide a starting point for creating a new Screens project:
- System Administrator/Technician
The following figure defines the personas and their roles for AEM Screens.
Additionally, to view different responsibilities as per the roles, click the personas mentioned above.
Before you start working on a Digital Signage project using AEM Screens, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) knowledge is required and should be completed prior to working on an AEM Screens Project.
Refer to the following tutorials and resources to learn Adobe Experience Manager 6.5:
- Adobe Experience Manager Getting Started: Discover getting started articles and video tutorials for Adobe Experience Manager.
- AEM 6.5 Tutorials and Videos : A collection of tutorials and videos highlighting both new and updated capabilities for AEM Sites, Assets, Forms, Screens, and Foundation with the release of AEM 6.5.
- AEM Core Concepts : An overview of the core concepts of how AEM is structured and how to develop on top of it including understanding the JCR, Sling, OSGi, the dispatcher, workflows, and MSM.
- Guided Implementation EssentialsFollow the guided learning path AEM Screens Implementation Essentials , that covers foundational as well as advanced features supported in AEM Screens.
- Best Practices Guide for AEM Screens ProjectsFollow Best Practices Guide for AEM Screens Projects that is designed to identify common pitfalls while implementing an AEM Screens project. The material focuses primarily on Project Roles and Responsibilities, RACI Chart for Different Roles AEM Platform Configurations, and Support and Monitoring.