Getting Started with Predictive Audiences
This article contains product documentation meant to guide you through the setup and usage of this feature. Nothing contained herein is legal advice. Please consult your own legal counsel for legal guidance.
Create a Predictive Audiences Model
Before you create a Predictive Audiences model, you need to decide which first-party data source you want to assign your Predictive Audiences traits and segments to. You can use an existing first-party data source, or create a new one. See Manage Data Sources for details on how to create a new first-party data source.
Once you know which data source you're going to use, follow the steps below.
- Go to Audience Data > Models .
- In the Predictive Audiences section, click Add New .
- Next, define the personas that you want to classify your audience by. You can do this by choosing either traits or segments to build personas from. Use the Traits and Segments tabs in the upper left corner of the screen to switch between your trait and segments catalog. Once you've identified the traits or segments that you want to use as personas, click the corresponding Add icon in the Action column.You must choose a minimum of either two traits or two segments for your baseline personas. You cannot use a combination of both traits and segments.
- Click Next after you've defined your personas.
- Next, select the first-party audience that you want to classify by choosing a first-party trait or segment for this audience. Use the Traits and Segments tabs in the upper left corner of the screen to switch between your traits and segments catalog. Select the first-party trait or segment that you want to use as your audience, to add it to the model.
- Click Next after you've chosen your audience.
- Fill in the model details:
- Model Name : Enter a descriptive name for the model, that will help you identify it later. Names of the segments generated by the model will start with the name of the model.
- Description : Enter a description of the model that will help you identify its use case.
- Data Source: Select the first-party data source that you want the Predictive Audiences segments from this model to be assigned to.
- Click Save .
Editing Predictive Audiences
Audience Manager does not support editing existing Predictive Audiences models. To change a model's configuration, you must create a new model. If you have reached the limit of 10 Predictive Audiences models and need to edit one of your models, you must delete a model and create a new one.
Deleting Predictive Audiences
To delete a Predictive Audiences model, go to Audience Data > Models , find the model that you want to delete, and click the Delete icon.