OAS as an Audience Manager Destination
Set up Open Ad Server as a destination and send Audience Manager data to that platform.
OAS Destination Requirements
Standards for code placement, supported key-value formats, reports, and the type of segment data sent to OAS.
This destination type requires the following:
- DIL: Data Integration Library code should be deployed on your inventory. DIL helps eliminate the need to write special code for data collection, integration, reading cookie values, and recovering page data.
- get_aamCookie Code that captures the Audience Manager user ID and cookie data. Place this code on the top of the page or inside the <head> codeblock.
Only Qualified Segments are Sent to OAS
The amount data passed in to OAS depends on how many segments a particular user qualifies for. For example, say you set up 100 Audience Manager segments. If a site visitor qualifies for five of them, then only those five segments get sent to OAS (not all 100).
Create an OAS Destination
Create a cookie-based destination for OAS in Audience Manager.
In Audience Manager, a destination is any other system (ad server, DSP, ad network, etc.) that you want to share data with. Destination Builder provides the tools that let you create and manage these data delivery processes. Audience Manager destination features are located in Audience Data > Destinations . To get started, click Add New Destination and follow the steps below.
Step 1: Basic Information
To complete the Basic Information section:
- Name the destination.
- Select "Cookie" from the Type drop-down list.
- Click Save and move on to the Configuration and Segment Mappings sections.
Step 2: Configuration Information
To complete the Configuration section:
- .mydomain.com Cookie Domain: Leave blank to set a cookie in the domain of the user's current page. If you want to specify a domain, prefix the name with a period like this, .mydomain.com.
- Choose a key option in the Data Format section.
- If your keys use data with serialized values, select the Serialize control and specify the serial delimiter (the character that separates the serialized values).
- Click Save and expand the Segment Mappings section.
Step 3: Segment Mappings
To add a segment to a cookie destination:
- Option 1: Start typing a segment name in the search field. The field updates automatically based on the text. Click Add once you find the segment you want to use.
- Option 2: Click Browse All Segments to open a window that lets you browse for segments by name or storage location. Click Add Selected Segments when done.
- Add Mappings: In the mappings pop, enter the segment ID in the mappings field and click Save.
- Click Done .
Modify OAS settings to work with Audience Manager segment data.
To set up OAS
- Install DIL code across your site.
- Create OAS as a cookie destination in Audience Manager.
- Place the get_aamCookie function at the top of the page, ideally within the <head> codeblock. The get_aamCookie code is available here .
- Modify your ad tag to call the get_aamCookie function and include the cookie name you provided when setting up the OAS destination. For example, if you named the cookie test_cookie , then the ad tag should call get_aamCookie and reference the cookie name.
- Your ad tag could look similar to the example below.
<a href= "https://client.adserver.net/?" + get_aamCookie('test_cookie') + "&etc&u=" + get_aamCookie('aam_uuid')
Remember to include the u= variable. It holds the actual unique user ID (UUID) passed in during an ad call.