Creating your journey reports
Accessing and creating your reports
After deleting a journey, all associated reports will not be available anymore.
This section will present you how to create or use out-of-the-box reports. Combine panels, components and visualizations to better track the success of your journeys.
To access your journeys' reports and start tracking the success of your deliveries:
- In the top menu, click the Home tab.
- Select the journey you want to report on.Note that you can also access your reports by clicking Report while hovering over a journey in the list of journeys.
- Click the Report icon at the top right of your screen.
- The Journey summary out-of-the box report appears on screen. To access custom reports, click the Close button.
- Click the Create new project to create your report from scratch.
- From the Panels tab, drag and drop as many panels or freeform tables as needed. For more information, refer to this section .
- You can then start filtering your data by drag and dropping dimensions and metrics from the Components tab to your freeform table. For more information, refer to this section .
- To have a clearer view of your data, you can add visualizations from the Visualizations tab. For more information, refer to this section .
Adding a blank panel
To start your report, you can add a set of panels to an out-of-the-box or custom report. Each panel contains different data sets and is composed of freeform tables and visualizations.
This panel allows you to build your reports as needed. You can add as many panels as you want in your reports in order to filter your data with different time periods.
- Click the Panels icon. You can also add a panel by clicking the Insert tab and selecting New Blank Panel .
- Drag and drop the Blank Panel into your dashboard.
You can now add a freeform table to your panel to start targeting data.
Adding a freeform table
Freeform tables allow you to create a table to analyze your data using the different metrics and dimensions available in the Component table.
Each table and visualization is resizable and can be moved to better customize your report.
- Click the Panels icon.
- Drag and drop the Freeform item into your dashboard.You can also add a table by clicking the Insert tab and selecting New Freeform or by clicking Add a freeform table in an empty panel.
- Drag and drop items from the Components tab into the columns and rows to build your table.
- Click the Settings icon to change how the data is displayed in your columns.The Column settings is composed of:
- Number : lets you show or hide summary numbers in the column.
- Percent : lets you show or hide percents in the column.
- Interpret zero as no value : lets you show or hide when value equals zero.
- Background : lets you show or hide the horizontal progress bar in cells.
- Include retries : lets you include retries in the result. This is only available for Sent and Bounces + Errors .
- Select one or multiple rows and click the Visualize icon. A visualization is added to reflect the rows you have selected.
You can now add as many components as you need and also add visualizations to give graphical representations of your data.
Components help you customize your reports with different dimensions, metrics, and time periods.
- Click the Components tab to access the list of components.
- Each category presented in the Components tab displays the five most used items, click the name of a category to access its full list of components.The components table is divided into three categories:
- Dimensions : Get details from the deliveries log, such as the recipient's browser or domain, or the success of a delivery.
- Metrics : Get details on the status of a message. For example, if a message was delivered and the user opened it.
- Time : Set a time period for your table.
- Drag and drop components in a panel to start filtering your data.
You can drag and drop as many components as needed and compare them to one another.
The Visualizations tab lets you drag and drop visualization items, such as area, donut and graph. Visualizations give you graphical representations of your data.
- In the Visualizations tab, drag and drop a visualization item in a panel.
- After adding a visualization to your panel, your reports will automatically detect the data in your freeform table. Select the settings for your visualization.
- If you have more than one freeform table, choose the available data source to add in your graph in the Data Source Settings window. This window is also available by clicking on the colored dot next to your visualization title.
- Click the Visualization settings button to directly change the graph type or what is displayed on it, such as:
- Percentages : Displays the values in percentage.
- Anchor Y Axis at Zero : Forces the y axis to zero even if values range above zero.
- Legend visible : Lets you hide the legend.
- Normalization : Forces values to match.
- Display Dual Axis : Adds another axis to your graph.
- Limit Max Items : Limits the number of graphs displayed.
- Threshold : Lets you set a threshold to your graph. It appears as a black dotted line.
This visualization allows you to have a clearer view of your data in your reports.