Add the Adobe Target Tool
Overview information to help you determine the best option to implement Adobe Target using the Adobe Target Tool in dynamic tag management.
Adding the Adobe Target Tool takes care of most implementation aspects needed for Adobe Target, including the following:
- Implementation of the mbox.js file
- Implementation of the global mbox
- Inclusion of dynamic parameters in the global mbox
To add the Adobe Target Tool in dynamic tag management, click * Web Property Name * > Overview > Add a Tool .
There are four options to add the Target Tool, in order of simplicity:
- Automatically via the Marketing Cloud (easiest and recommended)
- Automatically with manual entry of your Client Code
Important: For Options 2, 3, and 4, you will need your Adobe Target Client Code. This can be retrieved from Target as follows:
- In Adobe Target, click Setup > Implementation > Edit Mbox.js Settings .
- The Client Code is the first value on the screen, labeled Client Code.