Testing and Quality Assurance
Typical stakeholder for this activity is an A/V Integrator.
As we get closer to actual deployment of the digital signage network, we should create a Test and QA Plan that addresses every element of the network including all hardware components, all software components and all networking components. In the phase, entire test systems should be built and fully tested.
A checklist should be created which identifies all the previously defined KPI's and measured the deliverable against them.
The following elements should be considered:
1. Mechanical Considerations
The following mechanical considerations are recommended:
- display mounting
- player mounting
- peripheral attachments
- cable management
- device networking
2. Software Considerations
The following software considerations are recommended:
- device registration
- media publishing
- database dependencies (previously defined)
3. Device Management Considerations
AEM Screens includes a Device Control Center module which allows for the management of Screens player application end points.
This refers to any player hardware device that has the Screens player application installed and is registered to an instance of AEM. This module allows you to:
- Monitor player application error logs
- Manage remote screen shots
- Manage content downloads
- Manage application restart issues
To learn in detail about Device Control Center , refer to Troubleshooting Device Control Center in AEM Screens User Guide .
- Install new versions of the player application
- Monitor system level resources
- Troubleshoot system level errors
- Allow for remote desktop intervention
The specific platform chosen depends on a number of factors including the target operating system , project requirements and number of end points .
Few examples are:
- Google Chrome Device Management
- Proprietary AV Integrator Middleware